Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the Ford Focuses and the DCT. I just bought my car a few weeks ago. It has 85,525 miles on it. It is the SE version with the sports mode and leather interior. So far I love it but I have some questions 1) it has some transmission shutter here and their in the first 2 gears. Any ways to fix it or at least lessen it? 2) I am daily driving this car but I want it to be fast and fun. I drive a lot of dirt roads. Any ideas? 3) When I start the car it vibrates a lot. Don’t know where to start. Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
There are a couple huge sticky threads on dealing with the DCT both in terms of the warranty extension and how best to drive to minimize issues. One important thing is that there is a 7 year, 100K limit on the warranty so have your dealer do the 14M01 and 14M02 service ASAP!!!

The vibration issue could be motor mounts. They are pretty easy to install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks a ton...side note does anyone know about the roush cold air intake? I’ve read reviews and it seems good. It’s about $200 so if you know of anything better for that price let me know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok thanks a ton...side note does anyone know about the roush cold air intake? I’ve read reviews and it seems good. It’s about $200 so if you know of anything better for that price let me know.
I have the roush CAI in my focus and youll notice an increase in intake noise and i feel ive noticed a little gain in performance. Also have noticed increased mpgs by 3-4 roughly. Also, it looks nice too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I’m going to start a build post once my car gets out of the shop. It had a engine fault service now messed come on and it wouldn’t shut off even with the key out of the ignition

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
There are a couple huge sticky threads on dealing with the DCT both in terms of the warranty extension and how best to drive to minimize issues. One important thing is that there is a 7 year, 100K limit on the warranty so have your dealer do the 14M01 and 14M02 service ASAP!!!

The vibration issue could be motor mounts. They are pretty easy to install.
This^^^ specially w/ those miles.....A great possibility the OP needs a new oem psm (passenger side mount).....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it’s been a little while and I unfortunately had a accident... but I’m almost 100% done fixing it. I had to replace the bumper cover and several other plastic pieces to the front but luckily nothing mechanical was broken. I also got the roush CAI and it sounds great! I just ordered the RMM insert and a new passenger mm

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm about to finish with the rear mount on mine, just replaced the passenger mount and already a world of difference.

A recall/warranty extension came out in January? (My dates my be completed wrong) for the dct. Mine was over by 4k miles for the mechanical but fell under miles for the tcm flash. Check with your local Ford dealer about this.

Before the flash the shudder was so bad at times it banged around like wheel slip, after the flash it wasn't the same, it still had some shudder but it was tolerable and intermittent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just put the RMM insert in and it is fantastic I’m not going to over play what it is but for $10 and 40 minutes of my time it’s amazing. I haven’t had any wheel hop or engine movement it feels a lot more planted if that makes sense. I’m going to tint the windows soon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just remembered and I can't find how to edit on mobile, the recall/warranty extension came from the dct class action, as long as your car falls within the extension period it's a free fix at the dealer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts