Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. This is what i have done to my car:
Aerocharger turbo (4.5 psi of boost. it uasually cuts on abound 3500 RPM)
Borla Exhaust
JBA Header (not sure about this one. here is a pic:)
http://www.modernperformance.com/ford/focus_header_jba.jpg
Jet Computer (mods the mass air sensor )
a custom chip made for the aerocharger.
Eibach suspention
J&B short throw shifter

I am already making approx 150 hp (thought that i would be making more, but i think that my turbo is limitin me)

I am getting smoked by stock systems here. a civic SI and a 300SE Benz and yes, even a windstar (only on top speed)(i smoke him off the start)

I was wondering about NOS next, but i am REAL scetchy. what are your openions? NOS? CAM?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I thought your car would fly with a turbo. I say sell the aero & get something else. If you can increase the boost just get a boost controller & run higher boost.boost.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeah man that turbo must be pretty crappy! Man with my zx3 i got a AEM intake HKS exhaust i forget H&S?????? sport suspension, and a focus sport header and i was spanked a new SI today like he was a bad little school girl. It sounds like your beast is getting strangled i would drop that turbo header and get a focus sport tube header and run it with what you got and you will be tearing up the pavement!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
hey, hey. the windstar is a surprisingly fast minivan. the stripped deilvery van versions can haul some serious ass!

seriously, though. don't you have a way to crank the boost on that thing? 4.5 seems awful low

Mike

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Windstar.....[scratch]

2003 Winstar SE
Curb Weight: 4223 lbs.
Base Engine Size: 3.8 liters
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 200 hp @ 4900 rpm
Torque: 240 ft-lbs @ 3600 rpm

Maybe it has more top end than a Focus since it's a V6....

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Fix the tuning problem with that turbo,...this is a real turbo , right?..not one of those gay inline computer fan things, if a real turbo, it should be faster than that...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its odd the aercharger doeasnt have a blowoff valve or a wastegate. it just has varible geometry vanes. the unit really sucks. the speed shop that did it really fisted me.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
aerocharger just needs some work. like an intercooler for starters. it is a real turbo. www.aerocharger.com was their website. they dont make the turbo kit anymore though. i guess it really depends on how much money you have to spend. but you cant just slap a turbo on and expect to be dusting everyone. u need to get it tuned!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think you need to decide what your goals are. It sounds like it is go. Some guys like all motor, others are interested in max hp by any means.

If you are looking for some street racing or 1320 drags I say go with a 50 or 75 shot. Its cheap hp, high performance at the flip of a switch. If you buy and install a quality system then your engine will live just fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is what i was wondering. I think that i could get in intercooled, i would just have to get an odd running system. The turbo was made just to boon without anything else. and BTW, it has been tuned and tuned again on the dyno. im not sure what they did, all i know is that i get about 152.5 max HP. I NEED to take it off and look at the turbine and see if there is any way to change it, if there is, i am going to do it. Ill try and post pics on the net somewhere if i do (yea, but i know that no one else has this kit, it sucks that bad)
Peace out...

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
many have the aerocharger, just that they don't produce the kits anymore....from what i have read, i looks like you shouldn't really be fooling around with type of thing. and for 152.5whp...thats about right on that stage...about 170hp, good for high 14's...either you can't drive or the car was detuned. i say give it to someone with the knowledge and rip the kit off.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Thats okay power for a non-innercolled low boost turbo...I agree you should have eaten that si, sure he wasn't hidding something??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts