Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i smoke lightly (about a pack a week) and i rarely smoke in my car. but last week my friend was in town and he is a smoker, so we bother were smoking in the car. usually i just febreeze the hel out of the interior and drive around for a few minutes with the windows down and that gets the smell out. but this time, the smell got in the vents or a/c or whatever, and when i run the air/vents i can smell the smoke coming out the vents. so two questions: one, where is the air drawn in? i know theres the outside one, but when you hit the recirc button, where does it suck it in at? and two, should i just spray febreeze or ozium in there? or should i use lysol or something like that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The RECIRCULATION button closes the flap letting outside air in and so you are just basically breathing the same air that is trapped in your vehicle. With the Recirc button off the outside air comes through the Cabin Air Filter which is located under the passenger's side cowling. Changing the Cabin Air Filter will help keep the outside air coming in to be dustfree.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Who smokes a pack a week? Are you 16? Have to hide it from parrents? I can understand that, I did the same thing 10 years ago. lol anyways, just try some Frebreeze in the passenger side airintake nevt with the A/C on MAX, fan speed high. Then after 2 or 3 mins, put fan on low, and do it again.

But let me tell you as a smoker for over 15 years, the smells is everyware, not just in the cabin filter. I keep the windows down at all times, so it is never too bad in my car, non-smokers can't smell it. But I also never run the A/C.

Later.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My best suggestion would be to shampoo the carpets and use a light cleaner on the headliner sence that is where the odor is retained. Also change the cabin air filter and run your car with the a/c on with the recurc on and the windows down (so it recurcs outside air to push the smelly smoke air out)after you have cleaned the interior and put a fru fru scent in it. It almost all the time has worked on cars I have detialed.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
best thing to do is just quit smokeing your not that hooked yet but believe me its worse than crack (not that I know what crack is like but the addiction is comparable) Its just bad for you I don't mean to preach but after awhile you won't notice the smell but other people will you don't want to go through lfe stinking and not know do you.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I smoke in my car. Every now and then I use NutraAir by lysol and that takes
care of the smoke smell. I find that febreeze doesnt work that good
Use an air sanitizer Oust is also another one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Meguiars is pretty good, but if you are smoking in the car, a non-smoker will smell it no matter how thoroughly you clean.

I've cleaned 4 smokers cars, and, after a serious shampoo and odor eliminator, as well as an A/C duct cleaning, it still takes a few months to be completely rid of the smell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts