Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some old-timey mystery radio shows on ebay. They came on 2 DVD ROMs but they won't play in my 03's MP3 player. Disk 1 has a conversion program plus 413 fifty minute programs. Amazing! The disks are fine and play beautyfully on my computer. I used the conversion program to copy some of the programs onto a CD-r disk. They copied onto the new disk as .mp3 files, but they won't play in the car's mp3 player or anything else but the computer. I downloaded a different conversion program, still no-go. I downloaded a program to convert these to a .cda format, and these play fine anywhere, but I can only put 1 episode on a disk, as opposed to 5 in the .mp3 format.

What's wrong here? The stuff copies over successfully, my computer can play the .mp3 copies just fine. But they won't play on any mp3 player.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Make sure your radio has MP3 written on it, if not, it will only play regular audio CD's. If it is an MP3 CD player, check your MP3 encoding - I believe it will read from 48Kbps to 320Kbps. Out of that range and no sound.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is an mp3 player, and I've played mp3s on it recently.

How do I check encoding?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK- I think I got it. It was indeed the encoding. It's only 32kbps. I had been burning the files using windows explorer. I thnk I should have been transferring them to the library in the media player, and burning them to disk from there. I did one episode that way and it worked- apparently media player makes the conversion.

So my thanks to you two for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts