Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom,

I have a spare zetec head lying around. If you have time to do it, what would you charge to P&P, deck the head to give me about 10.5:1, and shim some FR2 cams?

I'd need you to modify my XCal2 tunes too, so you can put that in the price.

Btw, I'll be shipping the stuff in a few weeks if you have time to do it.

Thanks!

·
FF Affiliate
30,930 Posts
The FR head is the best bang for the buck , it comes with springs , full C&C, and larger stainless valves , I can get you a FR head and do the extra work to them that i do as well as set up the cams for 1550.00

I dont do any tuning with the XCal2 mail order

Tom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting the FR Head is just out of my budget right now. That's why I was hoping to just get work done to the spare head I have. I was thinking for a good P&P with milling and shimming cams would be around 500-550.

·
FF Affiliate
30,930 Posts
You may find some one to do it for that but will the work they do that that little realy help any?

If your on that tight a budget just surface the head and let it go , Compression is the #1 factor in making HP/TQ

Leave enough budget to get a good tune done as well

Tom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it should make a difference. I've made a plan for the new engine build and put 550 as the max for actual headwork, outside of getting some bigger valves/seals thrown in there, which I can get with a really good discount.

I did put aside the money for tuning, so that will be taken care of as soon as the engine is ready to go. I'm looking for something that's in the mid/low 14's NA and deep into the 13's (or better) with the 2 stage juice I'll be throwing to it. Bottom end and transmission parts are where I had to put most of the money in the budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts