Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reached another flat spot in my determination to work on my car. I go through this a lot. I'll tell you why. I have friends in the VW, Honda, and srt-4 world. They all have unique nitches that they can focus their car on. Most legit honda guys just accent with cf, slam their car and use lightweight wheels. The vw guys have the all out crazy show look, euro style, rat style, or beach themes. Srt4s, low and fast.

Examples

I am at a loss. I have an opportunity to buy another zx3. It is a 2000 with a blown motor. If I can get it for a decent price I would really like to get it an do a dedicated turbo build and a unique theme for it. I mean not the average build here. I want this car in magazines. Not because simply the quality or the amount of money into it, but rather the vision and planning to make it a well, built, well planned, focused car.

Bye the way, I do bodywork, paint, fabrication, welding, and have a good understanding of steering, suspention, brakes, and turbo motors.

Pics of my car.

Any ideas?

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
As long as you keep it clean and not shave too much. I suggest going for the ST170 look.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newkleus said:
As long as you keep it clean and not shave too much. I suggest going for the ST170 look.
I dont want to just replicate a stock car. I want to use a combination of parts to create a new "feel".

This is really hard to explain. I want that wow factor from those who know what they are looking at, and normal people not to look twice at it.

Some possible ideas:

turbo 4wd rally-kitted

rat styled v8 swapped

big turbo flat black, shaved and pissed off focus

no engine mods, beach cruiser, sand colored, roof rack, surf boards, 4 buckets and a system

see where im going here?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I don't feel that those examples of vw's and that honda are magazine appraisal-worthy... your ride looks cleaner than those "themed rides".

If you do decide on the turbo focus... I'd love to see a focus with the hatch removed, and turned into a foca-mino. (focus + el camino). you got welding skillz, i know you do.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DrkKnight614 said:
please explain to me how your car doesnt have a nitch?
If it does, what is it? I look at it everyday, and everyday I hate it more, lol.

The only other nutty thing I thought of that hasnt been done yet it keep the zetec and make it rwd. I know what parts are necessary and roughly how to go about it. How about a turbo 300hp rwd euro shaved focus??? [paranoid]

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey man, I know what your talking about. I used to own 3 vws, a gti and two corrados. Each extremely different styles. And I always hang out with my vw friends, and they have huge turbos or crazy slammed cars.

You know what though, I like my car better than all of theres. My car handles on a dime, sounds really good, and I believe looks good.

I was gonna go with a euro theme, and get the st170 front bumper and rieger front lip, but decided to keep my front svt end.

I believe small accents help build the focus up alot. I dont really like the crazy all out show cars.

To accent and help enhance my car, I have done

yellow fogs, 1998 euro grille, clear corners, europlate in the rear, gonna do yellow headlights when the one headlight comes in.

My car already is low with the hr coilovers and the silver with the svt 5 spokes looks good. I would say dont go crazy, get some smaller wheels in bonze, get a lip, do some yellow fogs or front lights. Would look good.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
bonacci01 said:
If it does, what is it? I look at it everyday, and everyday I hate it more, lol.

The only other nutty thing I thought of that hasnt been done yet it keep the zetec and make it rwd. I know what parts are necessary and roughly how to go about it. How about a turbo 300hp rwd euro shaved focus??? [paranoid]
i say ath is an excellent idea, rwd with stock motor is very original and if you beef that up to 300whp man it'll be crazy sick, go for that theme

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Im not likin those vw's. MKII's look good in that style but not MKIV IMO. The civic looks sick tho.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
what you might want to do is incorporate some of the things your friends have done. sinse their ideas are being successful, i could seeing going some direction that way.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Those other cars suck, lol, IMO. Especially that ugly ass beach/surfer car. I didnt see a nitch in the other cars either. I think your Focus is cool, I just think there was too much shaving done, and it lost all its shape and style, made it a little boring. And the black rims do it no justice, IMPO.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i love the first VW, your focus is the euro style nitch you could say.

i love your focus the way it is, the smooth body lines and rear end.

if you ever want to sell that hatch please let me know, that hatch is beautiful.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fastzx360 said:
if you want to sell the rear and sides lmk. but yes it does look great.
haha, not a chance...you try and get someone to ship you a bumper from england [8]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts