Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking and pulling for Steeda. I had looked on the threads and I couldn't find much pertaining to this....

Anyone else have recommendations or reviews??

Thanks.

[wrenchin]

·
Registered
455 Posts
do your homework not a ton of power gain from a intake over just a high flow drop in but i have a aem cai on mine with a k+n filter and prewrap and i love the sound!

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I have the same setup minus the prewrap. Also went with a bigger k&n filter. Love the sound.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Sounds a little deeper, but I also have tb and hfc to add to that sound

·
Registered
243 Posts
The exhaust sounds deeper?

ok this next question has been bothering me for a while

I don't know what the diameter of the stock throttle body is but I'm assuming its less than 67 mm.

Is the diameter of the aftermarket air intake kits equal to, or greater than the stock svt focus?

I was just curious if the cia intake was 67mm because it seems like it would be pointless to put a bigger throttle body on if it wasn't

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You're not going to gain much of anything from aftermarket intakes or throttle bodies on a SVT. Sound is about the only real thing you'll notice.

My advice is to spend your money on a good tune. Far more rewarding and proven actual gains.

·
Registered
243 Posts
how much hp does a tune gain you? anyone got any numbers? and I thought about it but i figured i"d need exhaust and intake to really gain from one. Anyone know if the predator is good? I've hear about toms tune a millions times but i don't know what the hell it is. the predator you just plug it in and you're good. So i'm sure a guy named tom made the tune but what computer do you need to change it and who is tom?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
how much hp does a tune gain you? anyone got any numbers? and I thought about it but i figured i"d need exhaust and intake to really gain from one. Anyone know if the predator is good? I've hear about toms tune a millions times but i don't know what the hell it is. the predator you just plug it in and you're good. So i'm sure a guy named tom made the tune but what computer do you need to change it and who is tom?
The SVT Predator is still on national back order but I also sell the XCAL3 , with my custom tune and FREE updates as you add more NA mods this way you can get the tune now and then as you add more things not have to pay more for tuning

I would also go with a tune ,drop in filter , TB and ORP

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts