Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in a mall parking lot, and a man and woman come out of store right in front of my parked car. As soon as the woman steps out she is eyeball-locked on my car. The man joins her.. the both are just oogling my ride. They walk on by never once taking their eyes off the ST grill... I, in the meantime have gotten out of the car and am looking at them rather astonished...(they do not even seem to see me) Finally they turn away.
Never had that before.

I do not know if they did not know what the car was? or they want one? no discourse.. They just stared.. and maybe drooled??? [angel]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
So I am in a mall parking lot, and a man and woman come out of store right in front of my parked car. As soon as the woman steps out she is eyeball-locked on my car. The man joins her.. the both are just oogling my ride. They walk on by never once taking their eyes off the ST grill... I, in the meantime have gotten out of the car and am looking at them rather astonished...(they do not even seem to see me) Finally they turn away.
Never had that before.

I do not know if they did not know what the car was? or they want one? no discourse.. They just stared.. and maybe drooled??? [angel]
Let me tell ya, Tangerine scream is awesome to look at in person. It is a beautiful paint. But there is something about the ST.... I don't know what yet, but it just looks fantastic

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Let me tell ya, Tangerine scream is awesome to look at in person. It is a beautiful paint. But there is something about the ST.... I don't know what yet, but it just looks fantastic
This^^^^^^It is a great looking car. Tell them about it.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
This^^^^^^It is a great looking car. Tell them about it.
Be like "UMM MAI CAR HAZ D-TEC, GETS 1200 BHP, AND CAN OUTRUN ANEE COBRA CAMARO YO" [thumb]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Maybe you had a booger hanging out, at least they could have told you

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Maybe you had a booger hanging out, at least they could have told you
Yea^^^^^ But in this case seems like she was in the car still & the couple saw the car 1st. Seems like she's never had that happen before & she got spooked.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I only get "hey dude, I love your car"! From 300+ plus lb fat guys. You know the sidekick in all the racer videos talking hype or crap about somebody else's car they came with.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I only get "hey dude, I love your car"! From 300+ plus lb fat guys. You know the sidekick in all the racer videos talking hype or crap about somebody else's car they came with.
LOL^^^^^^ seems like ever so often someone has something to say, whether they know any about cars or not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Had a random woman ask me a bunch of questions about my car, she was impressed at what a good looking car it was and she was surprised to see it was a Ford.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Had a random woman ask me a bunch of questions about my car, she was impressed at what a good looking car it was and she was surprised to see it was a Ford.
Thats great, you got to love that. Most non car ppl don't know,,,,,They're just looking for a car thats easy to drive & text with,,,,

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had 'normal' encounters with likers:
A fellow with his two small children stopped and were liking my ST. I was walking up and said "this is my car" and the adult and I discussed it a bit. The kids just loved the color (tangerine Scream)
When I had the 2012 SE (in Yellow Blaze) I also had a few folks ask about the car. (and drop compliments on the color) usually same situation. They are standing staring, I walk up and say this is my car and smile...

As a rebuttle/comment to the post about non car people...
Yeah, One other little old lady apartment dweller who parks near my car.. mentioned to me she could not believe a woman owned the 'sport car' (my 2012 Yellow Blaze hatch) parked in the basement.
I thought what would she say about the ST?

Actually 98% of the other 'over 55' folks who also park in the same area have not even noticed the 2014 ST is a different car than the 2012 Focus SE. The color is similar they are both Ford Focus hatches, and that seems to be enough to confuse the two cars. Even though I always park front out, back bumper to the wall. (so they all get to see the fierce maw on he front of the ST) Does not seem to matter... LOL I guess they are NOT car folks?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I think thats awesome that you have the ST,,,,, Be great if more ppl have similar cars.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[???:)]

Should I be happy that someone else likes my car?
I didn't design it.
Yes, if folks like 'your' car, then it sends you the message that in at least their opinion, you have good taste (in cars, anyway)
Take it as a compliment.

Well, maybe they ARE just trying to steal your wallet??? [neener]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I think thats awesome that you have the ST,,,,, Be great if more ppl have similar cars.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[???:)]

Should I be happy that someone else likes my car?
I didn't design it.

No you didn't & neither did I, but I'd think it make you feel good. Just like guys checking out my wife.

Then it must be great to be a Camry owner.
I was mentioning similar cars to the ST or a ST. I'd think you rather see more performance cars on the road then a suv's/ cross over's. I would,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Yes, if folks like 'your' car, then it sends you the message that in at least their opinion, you have good taste (in cars, anyway)
Take it as a compliment.

Well, maybe they ARE just trying to steal your wallet??? [neener]
Your point is well taken but I think most cars are designed to appeal to the masses.
The car companies hope that many people will have similar tastes.

In your case, I would imagine that having a relatively unique color gets you some extra attention.

On the other hand, I would enjoy a compliment if I had one of these:

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a purple chopped Hudson body on a Corvette based chassis around here..
I have seen it twice and it is a beauty,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts