Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so ive decided to go w/ N2O for now i have a NX + GenX-2 Kit comming to me next week. Ive already got the interor taken care of as far as the switch panel but im looking for sugestions on where to put the solinoids, purge, and bottle. and weather to run the N2O lines in the car or along the fuel line. If people have pics of their settup that would help alot in helping me decide exactly HOW i want to run all the equpment.

Thanks,
Sarif2029

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
There are two empty bolt holes on the passenger side of the firewall, right at the top. Make a bracket out of some fairly thick aluminum and mount your solenoids and purge right there... I did!!

You can run the lines along the door sills if you like, but I ran mine under the car near the fuel lines, Lotsa good quality zip ties do the trick. There should be rubber plugged holes just behind the rear seat in the floor to run the lines through ( I own a wagon, so not sure on your car ).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for that info. Where did u splice to get the power for the arming switch?

thanks again,
Sarif2029

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My SVT had a very convienient empty space in each of the brackets going under the car that hold the fuel, vapor and brake lines. I ran the NO2 line in those brackets, it looks nearly stock.

My purge line, I ran into the cowl area, so it vents just to the right of my view from the drivers seat. That allows me to watch the stream at close range, and judge the air to NO2 ratio. It really helps when the bottle is getting low, lets me see the quality of spray I'm getting.

I used the empty bolt holes Viney mentioned for the solenoids.

For my Digital Window switch, I custom mounted it into the lid for the underhood fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did u hook up the MSD box in the circuit?? do u have it as part of the arming circuit or is it inline with the fuel pressure safty switch on the ground of the relay?

thanks for the input plz keep it commin

-Sarif2029

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
it provides the ground path for the solenoid relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts