Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bold is done. all will be done before i finally put this thing into the 14s

EGR Removal (block plate 1 end, cap the other....chip reprgm if needed).

spare egr bung, 1st o2 and 2nd o2 for ORP swaps

Gauges (oil psi and volt).

4 Wheel Alignment

mount 2 new front tires[/]

rebalance drag tires

balance rear tires

P51 Shims

Reinstall Chip (track only)

cams back to +5, +5 (previous best settin, might need tune)

clean k+n (non-track, choosing to go no-filter at track)

change oil (amsoil)

change coolant (2yrs hasnt been done, goin for it now)

clean/wax/detail/polish

reinstall spring rubbers

breather filter

new McNews windshield banner

new spark plugs (dplats installed, coppers for track maybe)

general inspection of the car

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats a lotta crap (if any1 thinx of somethin, plz holler). thinkin late sept might be a stretch. but its gotta happen before the last track closes here in dec., i'll drive myself nuts if i have to go another long cold snowy winter w/o gettin her into the 14s @ 9x.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~rwarfi1/mycar.html

-Ult

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
that 15.08 is drivin' you nuts isn't it?...A good cold fall day...a bit of traction...a good light[driving] [whip. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
id check on that EGR removal, iv heard it hurting more than helping alot of ppl, whats teh details on the cougar shifter base? never heard of that, i dont see how you wont break 14s w/ full exhaust, cams, tb, pullys, a tune and a few other things maybe, as well some weight reduction

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no weight reduction here (other than spare comin out, almost negated by my fat butt). egr isnt for power (wont hurt, wont help)...more for makin orp swaps easier.

yes that 15.08 w/less power and in the most nasty of conditions (over 100, humidity so bad you dare not touch anythin if possible...it'd stick and stick well) is buggin me. cant rest another winter w/that 15. in front.

gonna get it ready, go to the track, make 2 14sec passes (on a decent day and no crazy tailwinds) then call it a yr.

=Ult

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
good luck man...i've been waitin to see those 14's

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It sounds like you're on your way. I recommend taking out the seats temporarily removing the air filter while running.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i've decided to go no-filter at the track. however i've had my back seats out b4 last yr, and i just dont like it (did it for the bicycles, but the car felt junky you know)....so i'm gonna try for it straight up. just no spare etc.

workin on a drag day G2G every1....check regionals for info.

-Ult

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.