Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!

I recently had a mishap in NY when I let a buddy of mine drive my car, long story short I had to replace the factory clutch with a new one. So being that it needed to be done I dropped the transmission out and inspected it thoroughly. Seeing as I thought he might of destroyed some of the gears in the transmission I opened it up to inspect them, all is well in there. I did however notice on the tail of the transmission behind the cover there are 3 round holes and 2 plastic caps that fit into 2 of the 3 holes, these fell out and I had to play Russian roulette to try and figure out which holes got the caps and which hole is left open (BTW DROP THE SUBFRAME DOWN FOR REINSTALL SO MUCH EASIER) now to the problem I drove the car today and noticed when shifting from 4th gear into 5th gear the car sees it as a downshift. The rpms go up and then shifting from 5th into 6th the rpms drop but at 40mph I have 3k on the tach when I am supposed to be in 6th gear? Is this fault to the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] caps being in the wrong spot or could it be something else. Transmission shifts smooth in all gear ranges also and clutch is nice and firm.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You apparently have a unique issue. I would suggest to retrace your steps. You then might find your own answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did the linkage cable had spun out of the bracket, put that back in and zipped it into place now I have all my gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts