Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a problem with my trasmission for a while. The problem was that the detent that you must over come with extra force to engage reverse had gone away. What I mean by this is that I could engage reverse with the same amount of effort required to move to 1st gear. The problem with this is you can accidentally engage reverse or 3rd when you are trying to engage 1st gear. So I decided to chage the transmission fluild hopeing this would solve the problem. While I was changeing the fluid I noticed two large nuts on top of the trasmission. I also noticed that there was evidence of leaking fluid and finally one of the large nuts was loose. So it turns out these nuts control the detent for reverse and 5-6 gears. The nut closest to the front of the car controls the reverse detent and since tightening the nut my detent is back. I hope I am helping someone out there with this problem as you guys have helped me with several issues I couldn't find. [thumb]

·
Registered
831 Posts
Did you get your trans worked on before the nuts were loose. I found loose nuts but only after I had the TSB clutch put it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
my bro had this same problem in his zx3... he couldnt engage 1st i think it was, it was a lose bolt. Since it was lose it was raised up pretty sign and it was interfering with something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
holyy sheeeeeiiiiitt i LOVE YOU my reverse is extremely hard to push pass that resistance. i thought i needed to adjust the cable. holy crap thanks sooooooooooooooo much... coul dyou maybe post some pics of it thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts