Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running Royal Purple Syncromesh for the last two years, I would like to try something better, anyone have some suggestions?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've been running Royal Purple Syncromesh for the last two years, I would like to try something better, anyone have some suggestions?
Don't think you find anything better. Redline or Amzoil Syncromesh fluids are going to be equivalent to Royal Purple.

FWIW, Dodge recommended 10w-30 motor oil in the Getrag tranny in my Shelby Daytona.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Can't go wrong with the factory fluid but it being the best, I highly doubt it.

The factory will pick the lowest cost fluid that is good enough, that is pretty much how it is for everything or they would price themselves out of the market.

As the owner you are free to change the compromises the factory made. Want a better tranny fluid and are willing to pay more you can.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
have you seen the price of ford "honey" local dealers its $27 a quart. factory fill on early models was ATF which wasn't very good so ford switched it to the honey. terry (ford designer for the MTX-75) says nothing beats the ford fluid.

now im not sure if ford recomends its honey in the MT285 or not.

but imo for the price its not worth it. i have had ford honey, redline MTL and redline MT-90 and the MT-90 had the best shift feel for me. its smooth but still can tell when its gone into/out of gear (this could be because of the CFM shifter)

my stock ZTS 5 speed has ford fluid in it and i can't tell if i got into a gear, in neutral or what with it. does the H pattern but has no resistance at all and i second guess myself all the time if i got it into gear or not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went with stock stuff at 19.46 per qt. My Ford dealer cut me a break-must of had a mental lapse or something, cause that never happens. This is very subjective-to each his own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts