Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we could put together a thread where we could discuss the history of rally and what not. I thought we could start by posting your top 5 rally cars, here are mine. Then break them down and discuss where they came from, and different drivers so we can all have a decent background on rally knowledge.

2001 Ford Focus

1995 Toyota Celica GT four ST205

1964 Mini Cooper S

1997 Subaru Impreza

1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
you didn't mention Lancer... I hate you....

;)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
haha :D

well... Lancer was always my favorite, or at least since 2001, mostly because that was the one I was actually thinking about owning one day. But then last year Focus happened... :)

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
I am in love with all the Subaru rally cars... The FOCUS! Mk1 and mk2 rally cars, as well as the fiesta... The Evos are cool! But I'd prefer a Subaru...

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
I would only buy an evo over a Subaru if the evo had 500hp... An evo rally car sounds cooler then a Subaru, but a Subaru stock or upgraded a little sounds sick

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Honorable mentions:

Alpine A110

Peugeot 205 T16

Saab 96

#5 - Lancia Stratos

Supercar? Rallycar? Probably the only car ever that could claim to be the top of both categories at the same time.

#4 - Fiat 131 Abarth

Perhaps the most underrated rallycar of all time.

#3 - Lancia 037 Rally

The car that really kicked off the Group B era.

#2 - Audi Quattro Group 4

While the later Group B versions were faster and meaner, this car was very close to the production model yet still managed to forever change rally like no car before or since.

#1 - Focus WRC

If it weren't for this car, chances are I would never have purchased a Focus.

List subject to change.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Stratos is just the best
Yeah, it is an amazing car. I probably should have given it more credit than #5. It really was one of the true all-time trend setters and among the first, if not the first, purpose built rallycars. It wasn't just a car that someone decided to turn into a rallycar, it had rallycar in the design. That A110 was built primarily as competition car, but it was also a big pile of off-the-shelf Renault parts.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
" THIS IS MADNESS"

No...

THIS, IS...

Brb gotta eat.. Then ill finish the list haha

1 - 20 of 77 Posts