Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up some TurtleWax Clearcoat polish that claimed to remove swirlmarks. The bottle I picked up is designed for car's with a black color. I didn't think it would work very well, but I decided to purchase it anyways. I have a spot on my hood that has a small scratch thanks to Tweeter, I think the technician left a screwdriver on my hood and it rolled off. Idiots. But anyways...

I cleaned off the area that showed a ton of swirlmarks in the sun, then applied the black turtlewax polish, buffed it in a little bit, let it cure for about a minute and then buffed it out completely. To my shock it cleaned up the swirl marks! I have only applied it to a small section of my hood and the sun was starting to drop behind the trees by the time I was finished so I couldn't see as well but from what I saw the difference seemed like night and day.

The stuff is called TurtleWax ColorCure, it comes in Black, Red, Blue, and Green. It comes with a chipstick (looks like a lipstick applicator) but the chipstick I had didn't do anything. I believe that the black will work on Liquid Grey colors as well. Walmart, Target, etc. should carry it. But so far the results are amazing.

I am also trying some Gliptone products my friend's dad suggested. I'll let you guys know how that goes. I'm sure some of you other Fanatics already know about this, but incase not, try it out and let me know how well it worked for you.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have taken it to a place to have it profesionaly buffed with a highspeed buffer and a coupla good compounds. It was worth the $96 for that and a 100% Fully detailed car (clean engine bay and take off rims and do inside)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
About the only way to remove swirl marks is by use of a high-speed buffer in the hands of a professional. Those products merely hide the scratches and will reappear after a few washes. I'm sure that there are several detailer's in your area that would take on the job. I received quotes up to $180 for the whole car, interior, exterior and I believe the engine.

---Randy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, high speed buffer and different grit compounds will definately be your best bet. You shouldn't have to pay much, if any more than $100 for a total detail.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
One thing I don't understand is why you would put a "colored wax" on a clear coat? If you have a single stage paint maybe but a clear coat is clear. All it is doing is helping hide scratches not remove them. After a few washes it will look like it did before. The only way to get rid of scratches it to remove them. Sorry but I am sure color waxes are gimicks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts