1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
ITS way too cheap and on EBAY...Do you really need to ask?...You know its crap...Save your money and get something nice, as above...buy used if you need to

·
Registered
744 Posts
save your money and do it right.. TRUST ME.. im the last person to bother someone when it comes to trying to save a few bucks, but i, myself have considered $50 ebay springs, till one of my friends got into a severe accident when his ebay spring snapped when hitting a pot hole 2 days after installing and almost went through the windshield. luckily, the seatbelt was there. i myself found eibach sportline springs for $80 on ebay with less then 500 miles on them. i put them on the stock struts until they wore out to buy some time to buy struts and shocks to accustom the springs, which i bought 3 weeks later and installed. i wouldnt recommend putting lowering springs on stock struts, as about a a few weeks later my car ride wasnt the same when hitting bumps. i was smart enough to go slow over bumps and dips as i know the roads like the back of my hand, however when my mother would take my car when hers was in the shop, all she did was complain that it was to harsh, which led to me hearing a bunch of crap on why i had to lower the dam car.. i paid 270 for the eibach struts and now my car rides like a dream. do i regret putting the springs on the stock struts? nope. hell, it didnt bother me taking the suspension apart twice as it only took me an hour and a half the second time around and i had help from my uncle,and father which was great.. if your gonna put any lowering springs on stock struts, just be careful with bumps and potholes... and while your at it, look for struts and save money for them to go with whatever springs you get.. my suggestion, dont keep the springs on the stock struts longer then a month or two.. hope i helped.

·
Registered
235 Posts
save your money and do it right.. TRUST ME.. im the last person to bother someone when it comes to trying to save a few bucks, but i, myself have considered $50 ebay springs, till one of my friends got into a severe accident when his ebay spring snapped when hitting a pot hole 2 days after installing and almost went through the windshield. luckily, the seatbelt was there. i myself found eibach sportline springs for $80 on ebay with less then 500 miles on them. i put them on the stock struts until they wore out to buy some time to buy struts and shocks to accustom the springs, which i bought 3 weeks later and installed. i wouldnt recommend putting lowering springs on stock struts, as about a a few weeks later my car ride wasnt the same when hitting bumps. i was smart enough to go slow over bumps and dips as i know the roads like the back of my hand, however when my mother would take my car when hers was in the shop, all she did was complain that it was to harsh, which led to me hearing a bunch of crap on why i had to lower the dam car.. i paid 270 for the eibach struts and now my car rides like a dream. do i regret putting the springs on the stock struts? nope. hell, it didnt bother me taking the suspension apart twice as it only took me an hour and a half the second time around and i had help from my uncle,and father which was great.. if your gonna put any lowering springs on stock struts, just be careful with bumps and potholes... and while your at it, look for struts and save money for them to go with whatever springs you get.. my suggestion, dont keep the springs on the stock struts longer then a month or two.. hope i helped.
I did the same thing (sorta). I got a set of pro lines of a friend used, and threw them on my car. The car had 100k miles on it when I got it, and not sure if the struts/shocks where ever replaced. I have had the same setup on my car for about 95k miles now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
no trying to thread jack here but im torn between kyb g2 or go with the eibach pro dampers, i know the kyb g2 is basically a oem replacement was just wondering if you guys had some feedback on the eibachs

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no trying to thread jack here but im torn between kyb g2 or go with the eibach pro dampers, i know the kyb g2 is basically a oem replacement was just wondering if you guys had some feedback on the eibachs
It's all good!... Well I guess it depends on what Kind of a driver are you, City or off-road? [driving]

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I bought Megan racing spring on ebay paid $120 for em, put them on stock struts. Gave me 2" drop I love the stance with 18" the ride as mentioned above can be harsh but if you pay attention to the road it rides great. I don't think it bounces as much as it did with the factory springs. I honestly like em and I think they are well worth the money I read lots of good things about them. I will later up grade later to better struts, but I don't regret my choice. I will warn you if you car has never had suspension work it will be a pain in the arse the first time to pull it apart. Be prepaired ahead of time for a whole weekend and a couple buddys.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought Megan racing spring on ebay paid $120 for em, put them on stock struts. Gave me 2" drop I love the stance with 18" the ride as mentioned above can be harsh but if you pay attention to the road it rides great. I don't think it bounces as much as it did with the factory springs. I honestly like em and I think they are well worth the money I read lots of good things about them. I will later up grade later to better struts, but I don't regret my choice. I will warn you if you car has never had suspension work it will be a pain in the arse the first time to pull it apart. Be prepaired ahead of time for a whole weekend and a couple buddys.

Great buy $, they seem like good springs. I'll shall do some searching. [;)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts