Although Focus Fanatics does not condone racing outside of a designated race area, we understand that there can be such exceptions such as a private road and/or property. As such, we've imposed these guidelines for you to use as a reference for posting.
What you should know about Street Racing:
If someone crashes, and someone is injured or killed, you could be arrested and charged with Reckless Driving or Manslaughter.
- Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.
- Vehicle maybe impounded for at least 30 days.
- Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).
- If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.
- Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.
- Increase to your insurance premiums.
- Criminal record and potential lost of job.
In addition, many agencies and municipalities are enacting law to make simply being at a street race a convictable offense. Many are also seizing and crushing vehicles impounded at street races. What does this mean? This means that if you are at a street race, driving or not, you can be arrested and your vehicle impounded, seized, and crushed. If your vehicle is financed, you are still responsible for the payments, regardless of whether your vehicle was seized or not. This means you make payments on a crushed car!
Must Read Before Posting:
Please be aware that we will not hesitate to turn over any relevant data with regard to your account to law authorities should it be linked to illegal street racing. We encourage you to use strong caution when posting your race threads.
Rules of Posting Non-Track Related Threads:
1) Location and Speed reference are NOT
to be posted.
2) Videos are NOT
3) Photos are NOT
Violation of the Rules:
1) First Time: Thread Locked and Warning Issued.
2) Second Time: Two-Week Suspension
3) Third Time: Permanent Suspension
*Note: These rules are subject to change without notice, please bookmark this thread and review the current guidelines before posting.