Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,361 Posts
Yes you can the VCT will go to fail safe , cam will not to be where it should and EGT goes way up and you get major loss of power

Why not fix the Cam Timing , isnt that hard

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is definitely a loss of power already however I plan on doing the repairs but needed to relocate it in accordance with city laws.

·
FF Affiliate
30,361 Posts
Get the cam back in time , if all you have to do is move it a few blocks you would be fine

Why is the cam out of time ? Belt change ?

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got the SVT for next to nothing the cam had been sketchily replaced by the former owners "mechanic" that appears to not put it back in time. However the car is also riddled with tons of other issues that could have a part to play in the of timing.
Are there any resources I could use to try to put it in time myself?

·
FF Affiliate
30,361 Posts
I can help you get it back in time , I also sell a Custom Tune that comes with a flasher so you can datalog and check all the other sensors to make sure there working properly

Other things that might be bad wouldnt cause a over or under adv code other then the VCT solenoid which causes a separate CEL

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm okay good to know I thought maybe it could be the camshaft pos sensor which I'm going to replace soon. I'd love to put the cam back in time, however you can help I'd appreciate. I also might tae you up on the tune soon but not right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts