Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 438 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Village ford parts.com is about $83 shipped to my US address with extra bolts and gasket ordered just in case
not bad. Do you drive down into the US to pick it up? did you order it? i just placed a order for some silicone parts i'm thinking should work as a replacement for my intake tube. it says is should be here in 2-3 days so hopefully i get it by Saturday.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
not bad. Do you drive down into the US to pick it up? did you order it? i just placed a order for some silicone parts i'm thinking should work as a replacement for my intake tube. it says is should be here in 2-3 days so hopefully i get it by Saturday.
I drive down to Sedro Wooley, WA...that price was with 4 new intake man port gaskets too

Reactions: Jburks

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
nice! do you think we need to do that? That's a little bit of a drive for you, wouldnt it be easier to get a PO box in like Bellingham or something?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
We have a vacation property there, so we go down there anyway

Reactions: Jburks

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
that too. ^^^ figured it would be easier to have everything in the OP so they dont get lost in the thread down the road.
Ty :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Any real benefit to upgrade to a larger TB? How much better is the throttle response?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Any real benefit to upgrade to a larger TB? How much better is the throttle response?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Noticeable

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
Any reason to datalog and adjust tune just for a throttle body change?
We dont know yet what the side effects will be , If you have my tune we need to do some datalogging specifically for the TB before you add it then more after
I understand the DBW very well and the long term side effects of DBW not adjusted correctly can be extremely dangerous

The PCM has the ability to adjust things into its parameters , once it gives up trying to maintain it it could cause a CEL , it could cause limp mode and the throttle just stop working for safety or it could hang the throttle wide open at any time

This needs to be tested , it may be fine and work perfectly but needs to be tested more then ... Hay I installed it and it ran fine now everyone get one

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Noticeable

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
Thats with a stock manifold too...im sure there will be a small gain at wot....for 60bucks no brainer......250 to 500? F-that

Reactions: Shade-010

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
We dont know yet what the side effects will be , If you have my tune we need to do some datalogging specifically for the TB before you add it then more after
I understand the DBW very well and the long term side effects of DBW not adjusted correctly can be extremely dangerous

The PCM has the ability to adjust things into its parameters , once it gives up trying to maintain it it could cause a CEL , it could cause limp mode and the throttle just stop working for safety or it could hang the throttle wide open at any time

This needs to be tested , it may be fine and work perfectly but needs to be tested more then ... Hay I installed it and it ran fine now everyone get one

Tom
Yes....testing is improtant which is why im holding off on buying one for a few weeks to see how mikes testing is going....its also working good on the sts with no issues...so I think if the NA is fine for a few weeks...I would less worried....whats DBW?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts

Tom
As I said initially it PNP, we are gonna hammer on it more this week, ideally a tune would be nice, but like with a CAI or catback, no need needed, this may also be the case, also STs have been using em as pnp for a a while now(1-2 months), so if any issues, they should of been documented by now

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Yes....testing is improtant which is why im holding off on buying one for a few weeks to see how mikes testing is going....its also working good on the sts with no issues...so I think if the NA is fine for a few weeks...I would less worried....whats DBW?
NA and ST have same TB stock

·
Registered
534 Posts

Tom
Tom I'm going to put this on when I install the Intake manifold this weekend hopefully. I'll be sending you datalogs. I'll call you before to see if there is anything else you would need on the datalog and to see if there is any updates you would need to add prior to datalogging. Also I'm going to be adding a 180 degree thermostat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Dbw= drive by wire

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

Tom
Well ill be installing the 63mm TB its on its way. So we can data log mine. You said we needed to do logging before I add the TB? So should I send you a log over the next day or two? I'll probably install it this weekend or early next week. Im installing the TTR manifold this weekend too.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Well Tasca must have gotten to many orders for these TB's lol because i just go an email that said they had to order parts to fill my order and it will be 3-5 days until they get them, then they have to ship it to me. That sucks. looks like i wont be doing the TB this weekend. On a positive note, Siliconeintakes.com already shipped my intake parts and i only ordered them last night. so at least i'll be able to get the intake squared away once i get the TTR manifold installed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just to let everyone know Ford Parts Giant is $61.55 for the Throttle Body, Bolts and gasket before shipping and tax. Here in California to my address comes to $79.41. Have it waiting in my cart but am standing by for more testing. Besides i still have a factory warranty and i want to make sure that i don't kill that, it has paid off well for me.

Reactions: Shade-010

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
NA and ST have same TB stock

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
Yes...different engines, tuning, compression, etc tho...shouldnt be an issue but you never know

141 - 160 of 438 Posts