Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good point made on that post. If it is plug and play on our cars it can be sent out to made bigger. I think there is a link on the site

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Seems pretty positive! I still want to confirm 100% that it will fit the na engine before I buy. But this is looking very promising. Cheap upgrade!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
The ST and NA use the SAME TB, so yes should be 100% PnP

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The only other question i'd have is if the stock intake tube will fit on it or if we will need a bigger one.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
The only other question i'd have is if the stock intake tube will fit on it or if we will need a bigger one.
Stock intake tube barely fits on the stock TB so your guess is as good as mine. :)

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Good point made on that post. If it is plug and play on our cars it can be sent out to made bigger. I think there is a link on the site

Sent from my XT1585 using FF Mobile
Wouldn't be worth it to me to pay $60 then quite a bit more on top to get it ported bigger....the 2.3L is good option but I still hope the 68mm ecoboost one can be made to work..would match intake opening.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Is this all correct?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
If that is all correct then i updated the OP with the a link for the 2.3L/2.7L V6 throttle body and added the part numbers for the TB, gasket and bolts. should make it easier to find.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wouldn't be worth it to me to pay $60 then quite a bit more on top to get it ported bigger....the 2.3L is good option but I still hope the 68mm ecoboost one can be made to work..would match intake opening.
I see what you a re saying, If the V6 tb does not end up working. It would still be cheaper to get the 2.3 TB and send it to Maxbore then buying the BBK tb. I'm sure it could be bored to 68mm plus. He also does port match manifold work.

http://maxbore.com/

·
FF Affiliate
30,355 Posts
I see what you a re saying, If the V6 tb does not end up working. It would still be cheaper to get the 2.3 TB and send it to Maxbore then buying the BBK tb. I'm sure it could be bored to 68mm plus. He also does port match manifold work.

Maxbore.com throttle body boring service and repair
LOL , It would be cheaper to exchange your stock NA for my 67mm that I bore that was done over a year ago , Its funny to read the ST forums about the RS one out when this could of been bought for a year LOL but there was no interest in it

Tom

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
LOL , It would be cheaper to exchange your stock NA for my 67mm that I bore that was done over a year ago , Its funny to read the ST forums about the RS one out when this could of been bought for a year LOL but there was no interest in it

Tom
The RS and ST throttle body are the same. The Ecoboost Mustang 2.3 is larger. A 67mm for the FoST is too larger. The stock manifold is only 65mm.

Sent from another garage.

·
FF Affiliate
30,355 Posts
I called my Ford parts guy and the TB is 121.77 ( DS7Z9E926C Part # ) MY COST for the 2017 RS Eco boost

jburk I see you posted the price of the 2.7 F150

Has anyone actually measured the inside at its smallest point ?

If the RS works it would be the way to go , that is if it adds any performance and I dont mean it feels like it adds throttle response , I mean on a dyno from 2000 to 7000

I tried to find more information on the ST forum but after 10 pages of the same thing over and over again I stopped reading

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,355 Posts
The RS and ST throttle body are the same. The Ecoboost Mustang 2.3 is larger. A 67mm for the FoST is too larger. The stock manifold is only 65mm.

There is no such thing as to big of a TB , its only going to flow what the , intake , intake manifold , engine is capable of ingesting

The stock TB I bore out can easily be made 65mm or 80 even

Every Zetec and and some SVT that came out the intake was to small for the 65/67mm TB that were made but people delt with it with no issues by slightly tapering the intake with a dremel

Tom

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is no such thing as to big of a TB , its only going to flow what the , intake , intake manifold , engine is capable of ingesting

The stock TB I bore out can easily be made 65mm or 80 even

Every Zetec and and some SVT that came out the intake was to small for the 65/67mm TB that were made but people delt with it with no issues by slightly tapering the intake with a dremel

Tom
Tom,
This is an illustration of the Focus RS showing part numbers for the throttle body

This illustration is of the non turbo focus

How come it shows the same part number for both throttle body's.

Honestly I never even considered changing the throttle body until the Intake manifold came out

·
Registered
534 Posts

Tom
How much is it? Are you selling these ?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
Tom,
This is an illustration of the Focus RS showing part numbers for the throttle body

Honestly I never even considered changing the throttle body until the Intake manifold came out

It is the same part number and same exact dimensions. I went through all the leg work on this and even mentioned it earlier. The TB from the Ecoboost mustang is bigger. Same one is used on the 2.7 ecoboost also if I'm not mistaken. Parts needed are the TB, bolts, coupler and clamp. For the ST I had to use a harness extention. Not sure if that is needed for the standard Focus.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Tom,

Sent from my XT1585 using FF Mobile
Same part number shows as it does for MANY similar parts.

That just shows the "call out number" central to the FULL part number, and is he same for many variants because it ONLY describes the part type - NOT what car version or revision number.

The first part of the full number tells the car it was for, the last part relates to versions/other details.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
jburk I see you posted the price of the 2.7 F150

Tom
Yeah it for the 2.7 ecoboost but also the 2.3 mustang/ RS engine too. If you scroll down on the link i posted in the OP it show all the cars it fits.

Also, you asked if anyone measured the inside. if you scroll through the post from the ST forum on this TB then it shows some pics of a guy who did measure the TB on both sides.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
Yeah it for the 2.7 ecoboost but also the 2.3 mustang/ RS engine too. If you scroll down on the link i posted in the OP it show all the cars it fits.

Also, you asked if anyone measured the inside. if you scroll through the post from the ST forum on this TB then it shows some pics of a guy who did measure the TB on both sides.
The 2.3 mustang and RS do not share the same TB.

61 - 80 of 438 Posts