Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I guess it could be said that the swap would be from any of these vehicles that part #GB8Z-9E926-A fits:

2016 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6 - Gas
2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2.3L L4 - Gas
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L L4 - Gas
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L L4 - Gas
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2.3L L4 - Gas
2016 Lincoln MKX Premiere 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Lincoln MKX Select 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Lincoln MKX Black Label 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L V6 - Gas
2016 Ford F-150 XL 2.7L V6 - Gas
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat 2.7L V6 - Gas

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm running the ecoboost mustang TB on my ST. It exits at 61mm and the intake manifold has an opening of 65mm. Just needed the longer bolts and a wider coupler for my charge pipe.

Sent from another garage.
So this is different then the 2.7 ecoboost tb then? I didn't realize there was so many options lol. I thought the 2.3 ecoboost had the same tb as the focus.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just answered my question lol. So he said it was 61mm on the image side and 6mm on the manifold side, I thought that tb was 63mm though?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Also, I'm still having a hard time understanding how these are so cheap when all the aftermarket TB are 250-500$.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
I was just talking about the larger 2.3L Mustang TB swap for the 2.0 N/A that we've been discussing..it would be good to consolidate it in a single specific install thread with pics and any tweaks that were needed.
If someone had the oem focus TB part number White Bear Lake will say what models it comes on. So if it is shared for all MKIII Focus then the Mustang will work.

·
Registered
617 Posts
So this is different then the 2.7 ecoboost tb then? I didn't realize there was so many options lol. I thought the 2.3 ecoboost had the same tb as the focus.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
yes this is the plug-n-play from the 2.3L Mustang / 2.7L Edge, not the 3.7 Mustang. This is the one mentioned in the 3.7 thread that initially got mixed up between the two and has been use on ST's, this is the one that you posted links to Tasca for...this TB comes out of many different vehicles thats why i wanted a separate install thread for our 2.0.. it should be a direct fit/swap and give better throttle response for $60. This swap should be a cheap mod sticky along with the RS airbox...

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
yes this is the plug-n-play from the 2.3L Mustang / 2.7L Edge, not the 3.7 Mustang. This is the one mentioned in the 3.7 thread that initially got mixed up between the two, this is the one that you posted links to Tasca for...this TB comes out of many different vehicles thats why i wanted a separate install thread for our 2.0.. it should be a direct fit/swap and give better throttle response for $60. This swap should be a cheap mod sticky along with the RS airbox...
Nice, well that is kind of why I created this thread so we could talk about this TB outside of the 3.7v6 thread. Im interested to see what you guys think of it because it is definitely cheap compared to the aftermarket ones. Is it a genuine ford part? I'm still surprised how cheap it is.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nice, well that is kind of why I created this thread so we could talk about this TB outside of the 3.7v6 thread. Im interested to see what you guys think of it because it is definitely cheap compared to the aftermarket ones. Is it a genuine ford part? I'm still surprised how cheap it is.

vendors dont like inexpensive mods that they cant make money on... ie. RS airbox vs. all the $200+ CAI's... same for this simple TB swap, if it is truly a 65mm plug n play upgrade for the 2.0 why spend $200 unless you have a highly modded engine?

btw, like you i just found out about this mod from that other thread and would like to read up on all the ST folks that have done this. I guess other ST specific forums may have this discussion in greater detail? It seemed Sailor was familiar with this mod so perhaps he can also chime in and give us better information?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
vendors dont like inexpensive mods that they cant make money on... ie. RS airbox vs. all the $200+ CAI's... same for this simple TB swap, if it is truly a 65mm plug n play upgrade for the 2.0 why spend $200 unless you have a highly modded engine?

btw, like you i just found out about this mod from that other thread and would like to read up on all the ST folks that have done this. I guess other ST specific forums may have this discussion in greater detail? It seemed Sailor was familiar with this mod so perhaps he can also chime in and give us better information?
Good point. BBK makes a aftermarket 65mm tb for the focus and it is $500. I just don't get why anyone would pay that much when this is available. There has to be more to it.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
He found a way to make what he wanted, just how is for him to mention or not.

Might want to keep it to himself until he decides to make more or not.
ancient chinese secret????[shhh]
Simple enough, and mechanically elegant, but not necessarily obvious until seen.

No point giving away a good idea that can be sold, even if the detail wouldn't be simple for the average person to duplicate.

Cost effective to buy one for individuals.

Edit - as Tom has said elsewhere, he's waiting to see if there is demand for his modified stock TB or if one of the swaps proposed works out to be functional & more popular.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I think the Focus uses the same throttle body regardless if ecoboost or not.

So this should be a direct bolt-on for the NA focus, won't throw any codes or go into limp mode?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well he has a ST. Mike is going to test it on a NA this week and then we'll know for sure.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^^^wicked!! :)

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Well he has a ST. Mike is going to test it on a NA this week and then we'll know for sure.

^^^^^wicked!! :)
Yep, should all be here monday, was waiting on bolts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts

shouldn't matter

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Seems pretty positive! I still want to confirm 100% that it will fit the na engine before I buy. But this is looking very promising. Cheap upgrade!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yep, should all be here monday, was waiting on bolts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sorry if you already answered this but were you able to order the bolts with the TB?same website.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
He said he got the bolts

41 - 60 of 438 Posts