Focus Fanatics Forum banner

421 - 438 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Has there been a general consensus with the 63mm throttle body then that it’s A) Safe & B) worth while with proven gains? I’ve been mia for a while.
I’ll be throwing a new set of plugs in at 75k miles and might consider doing this while I’m at it.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Dyno with 2.0 NA, 3" Thermal R & D catback, Drop-in filter and stock airbox, 63mm TB and Devil Tuned

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Has there been a general consensus with the 63mm throttle body then that it’s A) Safe & B) worth while with proven gains? I’ve been mia for a while.
I’ll be throwing a new set of plugs in at 75k miles and might consider doing this while I’m at it.
It's safe, no gains but my throttle response has improved alot. Other members can also vouch for the increased throttle response :)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
I doubt you'll see any gains in WHP but it seems to help with throttle response. It's cheap and easy to install.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I dunno, once tuned for the TB gains changed, so maybe a slight gain

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Dyno with 2.0 NA, 3" Thermal R & D catback, Drop-in filter and stock airbox, 63mm TB and Devil Tuned

Sent from my SM-G935V using FF Mobile
I noticed your dyno number were pretty much the same as when you put it on the dyno with the 2.5in exhaust you used to have. Do you think the 3in exhaust made any difference then? the tq numbers look similar too.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I noticed your dyno number were pretty much the same as when you put it on the dyno with the 2.5in exhaust you used to have. Do you think the 3in exhaust made any difference then? the tq numbers look similar too.
Last time was true CAI also.. so doubt exhaust size made much difference. Gains are avg for the Devil Tuned NAs, cams coming soon

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Last time was true CAI also.. so doubt exhaust size made much difference. Gains are avg for the Devil Tuned NAs, cams coming soon

Sent from my SM-G935V using FF Mobile
are the cams the reason you guys decided to go 3in with the exhaust then? or the future header?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
are the cams the reason you guys decided to go 3in with the exhaust then? or the future header?
The 2.5" magnaflow i was using droned at higher rpm, and the Thermal system doesnt. And we were wanting to become a thermal dealer

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Got the throttle body ordered with gasket and bolts from white lake ford. $71 shipped can’t complain. Thank you Fabio for the part #’s

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Without a 3" collector on the header, a 3" wont make a big difference, flow is only as good as biggest bottleneck.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
It's safe, no gains but my throttle response has improved alot. Other members can also vouch for the increased throttle response :)

Sent from my 2PS64 using FF Mobile
Mike, what can you adjust in the tune to make the Tb work better? I've noticed 75% to wot car pulls harder, more touchy throttle...worthwhile mods for the price

·
FF Affiliate
30,474 Posts
Mike, what can you adjust in the tune to make the Tb work better? I've noticed 75% to wot car pulls harder, more touchy throttle...worthwhile mods for the price
I cant speak for mike but I make 9 change for the TB change , biggest to WOT/WOP and the Effective Throttle area are the 2 biggest , to me just makes it crisper and more responsive altho its slight

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Without a 3" collector on the header, a 3" wont make a big difference, flow is only as good as biggest bottleneck.
True, but coming header will be 3"

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Does the focus need tune after installing the Eco mustang TB ?
Tune definitely helps

·
Registered
85 Posts
Foci-philes:

Finally got around to installing the new throttlebody today and what a very pleasant surprise: it is truly a plug-and-play mod and it crisps up the throttle response very nicely. If you're on the fence, hop off and do this mod. It is inexpensive and the throttle response is noticeable even without a tune. (I do have Tom's basic tune but I need to datalog and have him work his magic.)

Nice mod!

Chris

421 - 438 of 438 Posts