Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a MK3 Focus with Microsoft SYNC and was wondering if I could have my phone paired via Bluetooth to the car along with my iPod streaming music via Bluetooth simultaneously. Any ideas or suggestions? [ffrocks]

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think I saw someone post that they paired the ipod first and then paired their phone. I think that should work. It may also be necessary to disable the car stereo from being a audio device in Bluetooth settings in the phone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I tried that and whenever I chose to stream music via Bluetooth, it would go straight to my phone. Would I have to disable it from doing that on my phone or in the car?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi TS_2196,

I'd like to help, so let's start with the basics: which iPod and phone do you have?

Rebecca

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe go to your phone's bluetooth settings and only allow it to use the phone functions, not "music".
This is basically worked for me. I just synced two phones to my car (Galaxy S5 and a Nexus 5) on my S5 I just went into my Bluetooth settings, found Sync in my list clicked the settings button next to Sync and unchecked "Media audio", this allowed the other phone to do music while the S5 was connected for calls.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm glad you found a way that works for you. Why is the Bluetooth way more of a hassle? You do occasionally want to use it for audio and then you have to go into the settings to turn it back on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Heh, just found out that with MFT you can actually use the screen to pick which device to get audio from by touching the Bluetooth button. I don't think I've tried that button for over a year and it's been a long time since I had a second Bluetooth device hooked up. Pretty nifty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts