Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Let's see Change the chime to Shotgun blast? (manly enough?)
Fist hitting face hard sounds( yeah)
Bomb whistling as it falls ( Cool!)
Burly voice saying shut the F*in' door! or "turn off the G__D___ lights idiot!"
Or "Put on your seatbelt or I'll smack you!"

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I vote for bomb whistle, I used to be a Marine Corp artillery mechanic, and nothing puts a smile on my face quicker

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
keep in mind that different model years got different chimes.
my 08 has the General Motors compact car "Ding"
the 09 and above have the 3 tone "Dee Dee Doo" chime

Heres a little known fact: FoMoCo spent 2 years doing research for that 3 tone chime and spent a ton of money on it as well (i cant release how much but it was passed on by a family member who works at dearborn that you could buy about 7 2009 ford foci SES's fully loaded with the total ammount)

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
keep in mind that different model years got different chimes.
my 08 has the General Motors compact car "Ding"
the 09 and above have the 3 tone "Dee Dee Doo" chime

Heres a little known fact: FoMoCo spent 2 years doing research for that 3 tone chime and spent a ton of money on it as well (i cant release how much but it was passed on by a family member who works at dearborn that you could buy about 7 2009 ford foci SES's fully loaded with the total ammount)
Is it really that hard to find a noise that is annoying enough so people actually put on there seat belt or take the key out of the ignition. I can come up with several sounds of the top of my head and it didn't cost me a dime.

·
Registered
578 Posts
it wasnt too bad until they came out with the major update to sync (added 911 assist and health report). apparently the update also included a bcm update

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Be happy that it doesn't do what the Transit Connect does... every single time you open any door while the van is running, it reminds you with an 8-bit-sounding "nee-neer-nee-neer" sound. Every time. Seriously? On a delivery van they thought it was necessary to have it do that. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Is it really that hard to find a noise that is annoying enough so people actually put on there seat belt or take the key out of the ignition. I can come up with several sounds of the top of my head and it didn't cost me a dime.
if i told you guys how much money ford spent on a lot of things we have in our cars your heads would explode. and i mean things that you and i would think cost $5-10 cost hundreds of thousands in development research. its so crazy. and on stupid stuff too, like a window switch or a keyless entry remote fob!

·
Registered
508 Posts
jus bcuz that "chime" is annoying..

i was thinking about finding the speaker and CUTTING IT OUT!!!!

lmao (;

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Can't say I've ever heard these sounds coming from My Focus. I bought Mine used and apparently the previous owner disliked it enough to disconnect it. Nice guy.[hihi]

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL LUCKY! so what's this bcm sync update I'm hearing about is it sync only cars or does it include the lucky few who didnt get stink...err sync?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts