Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started having a problem with a whining noise from the front end.not gearbox oil, checked it and its fine. noise seems to get worse the faster i go. no noise when static, so must be from gearbox or front driveshafts anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Manual gearbox? Only in 5. gear? Pretty normal at even speed(ie. not coasting or accelrating) if in all gears I would supect the differential, have you checked the oil level of the gearbox?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sound like driveline. Any noise in neutral coasting at highway speeds(obviously not while in traffic)? Mileage, motor tranny etc info would help also.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
started having a problem with a whining noise from the front end.not gearbox oil, checked it and its fine. noise seems to get worse the faster i go. no noise when static, so must be from gearbox or front driveshafts anyone got any suggestions?
Hi boldguard79,

That noise must be irritating! If you are unable to determine the cause of your whining noise, you may want to consider having your local dealer diagnose it. You can find the nearest one here.

~Natasha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts