Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual gear stick of my focus won't centralise back to the middle when in neutral. It will centralise from the right (5th and reverse gear side of neutral) but it will just stay off to the left side (1st and 2nd gear side). It is making changing in to 3rd from 2nd a bit of an issue whilst driving! Anyone had the same issue?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
There's an adjustment on the Transmission. Possibly a spring on there. Can't remember, but you may need another person to help adjust it back to center.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought it must be a spring, I've taken the gator off now and had a look and there is a spring on the left hand side which is intact and centralises the gear stick from the right, but I can't for the life of me find what must be another spring which centralises from the left. In neutral at the moment the gear stick still stays well across to the left and I need to take a bit of a guess as to where third gear is

·
Registered
1 Posts
Djb

Hi Spikemak, have another look at the spring under the gearstick gaitor, you should be able to see both ends of it from the top... one spring does both left and right actions.
I have changed plenty of them (a common problem one end snaps ) about 20 mins to change [wave]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it is one of those differences! I think most things in the US ending in "ize" end in "ise" in the UK. Thanks for your help with the centralising problem by the way! I can get down to loving driving my focus again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts