Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got GAZ rear shocks from BAT Performance. They are REALLY nice. Anyway, have any of you guys run GAZ shocks? I was going to run these with the FRPP springs and FRPP dampers up front. These are adjustable and can be used with lowering springs. My rear is a little loose in the twisties and I'm thinking dialing these in will help it out. I'm thinking I may need to wait to install them until I get the matching fronts. Have any of you guys ever run mismatched dampers? Plus, I'm not sure if the fronts are compatible with the 08+. I think I'm going to give BAT a call tomorrow.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^ Your there, I'd do the front's too!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Isn't that what the Omni kit is for? To fit the older struts in the new cars?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^yeah, I'm just trying to figure out if I need it or not.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I talked to BAT. The GAZ shocks are good up to the 05. So I'll need the Omni kit.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my GAZ adjustable shocks and Focus RS springs installed today. Props to my boy JGrove for the help!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^awesome, they handle better than the FRPP dampers.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure on the specs, but they feel stiffer than the FRPPs. The car sits a little lower than the FRPP kit.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Look's great, Like to see a pix from a little lower thou. & the spring's will settle to you know. RS spring's huh, where you get thou= Bat? How do you like thou strut's/shock's compared to the Koni's?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the RS springs from a guy over on FJ. Somehow he got them from Ford of Europe. I wasn't running Koni's before, I had the FRPP kit. I have no complaints on the FRPP kit, but this set up is DEFINITELY an improvement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts