Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to work this morning, and shut the car off, and I happened to look back down at the gauges. After about a second of the key being off and out of the ignition, the fuel gauge, and water temp gauge, start moving again they come back up like the key is on, but its still off. I turn the key back on, and they do their normal reset like the tach and speedo do, and read fine. Is this normal for them to move after the power is off? I just never noticed it before. Other than that, no other issues. 13.5-14.0v when running and no starting issues. Thanks for the info!

04 SVT

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Mine have never done that, it was probably just a fluke. Keep an eye on it to see if they do it again ... if it starts happening a lot you probably have a wiring issue. But I wouldn't freak out yet

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i had turned the key on and off a few times to see if it did it again, and it did it everytime, so I'm not sure what it could be.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Very odd.

First things I would do are:

Check battery terminals for corrosion/buildup
Check the battery's water level (unless it is a maintenance free battery)
Clean up the grounds in the engine bay

·
Registered
492 Posts
my fuel and temp gauges flat line and then stick straight up in the middle when the car is turned off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well when I got home, it didn't do it at all, but yea thats what it did, they go to straight up and down. Just seemed odd, but I'll keep an eye on everything.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now this morning, the gauges are all the way down, but I see the entire Odometer screen blinking. Again everything in the cluster works fine, just not with the key out, the odometer is blinking.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Now this morning, the gauges are all the way down, but I see the entire Odometer screen blinking. Again everything in the cluster works fine, just not with the key out, the odometer is blinking.

You may be having a connection issue between your gauges and the computer... a short and that's why it's blinking or resetting.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now when I got home, it did nothing out of the ordinary.... could it possibly be the ignition switch?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything seems ok, it hasn't done it since those 2 days.... not sure whats up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i work at a ford dealer and ive seen that a couple times, its like after u pull the key out they go back to where really would be with the car on, like fuel being what it is, and coolant temp midway, prolly just some terminal fretting lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts