Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. i am thinking of a project for my focus, this project will take me deep into keeping my car for awhile.

my car is the S, with a manual, so its the cheapest, but i love it, and when i get a FS turbo kit it wont be the cheapest then.

but anyways, i did a write up on how to install a tach on a 2.0 duratec awhile back, and its still sitting on my a-pillar plastic. but im wanting a tach so bad in my dash. and i dont really want deal with getting a cluster reprogrammed.

so the next best thing. take out the stock cluster, get a sheet of maybe thick alluminum and cut it out to fit the stock bezel then drill several cricles in the metal and then install all of the
gauges i want.

i was thinking of a speedo with odo, off to left center, then the tach off to right of center, b/c i do alot of the left arm only driving, and would make the most important gauge the most visible when driving that way. then the other gauges would probably consist of water temp, oil pressure, and another 3rd one which i have yet to come up to. sinse i want a FS turbo kit i might save that area for a boost gauge in the future... or maybe just throw a A/F ratio gauge in there for now and it'll be alittle helpful now and then be even more helpful when the turbo is in. and the boost gauge will be molded to the bezel on the side.

so i am wondering, a few things here. has this been attempted before? or dose anyone have pictures. maybe a picture of the rally foci's gauges will help alittle, except i believe they use those full digital ones....

and, one thing too... the CEL, even though i would have better gauges and be able to tell if something is wrong with my car, the CEL would still be nice to have, i can probably just put a small orange LED or small light off to the side on my cluster, anyone know which wires on the stock cluster trigger the CEL?

questions comments are welcome. remember i plan on keeping my foci for AWHILE, as in about 2yrs it'll become my weekend rice killer, and ill have a work truck, eventually this car will probably be thrown into SCCA action as a full race car, BUT i am still going to see about a speedo that has a odometer so i can keep track of total miles on my car.

thanks! [thumb]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just thought and or remembered the gauge that i am missing that i would need. the fuel level gauge.... so it would be tach, speedo, oil press, water temp. and fuel level. and i would probably get a 2-pillar or 1 pillar pod for the boost and/or A/F

·
Registered
343 Posts
i thought about doing the same, and eventually plan on it, but i came across a cluster with a tach that was very close to my Mi. anyhoo look into the DEFI link system, they have all the gauges you want, kinda pricey, but its what I plan on useing.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is a cool system. it would almost be awesome to put all of the secondary gauges including speed on that LCD screen and then just have a tach with pointer sitting next to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts