Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mk, so I'm putting together my bday list, and I'm gonna ask for my gauges for my Aerocharger kit. I want to go with the Autometer Carbon series because it'll match my interior (MOMO Carbon) so what gauges do i need? I know boost, so I'll be asking for one of the boost gauges, and i'm gonna ask for the AEM Wideband UEGO too. So do I need anything else? I think i don't need oil gauges because the Aerocharger has self contained oiling (no lines to the engines oil). Do I need an EGT gauge? Anything else?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Either the EGT or the wideband. You don't need both... How many gauges you gonna run?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, well I'll run as many as i need to monitor whatevers important. I honestly don't know much about turbos, I'm doing my reading on em but thats why i wanna ask about this stuff, so that i can know the right things.

I'll ask for the boost gauge and the wideband for sure tho, and a pillar to mount them in. So anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
You can run both, I know myself and a few others run EGT and wideband together.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I had 4 gauges. A 3 Pod A-Pillar and cut a hole in the speedo housing surround bezel like HonHon. It actually worked out really good. I had all autometer in the Pod and the AEM UEGO in the bezel. The AEM is simple as it gets. It is almost literally Plug-n-Play. Just got to find a 12V source and ground.

I have Autometer's Ultra-lite Series Vac/Boost Mechanical, Electric Water Temp Short Sweep, and Electric Oil Pressure Short Sweep.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanna run the aerocharger kit because i'm getting it for nearly free anyways so its worth a shot, its going to be the only chance i'll ever get at boost. And ok cool, too bad they don't make an EGT gauge in the carbon series

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
The three I recommend are Boost, EGT (exhaust gas temp) and AEM wideband.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I run 3 in my SVT

J&S a must, Wideband, Vac/Boost

I know you have a zx3 and don't need the J&S.

Id say for you Wideband, Boost, EGT should be all you need a monitor your motor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mk i'll look for an EGT, is a Pyrometer the same thing?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
get an eboost 2 (awesome boost controller and great gauge), and uego.. thats what i have in my double gauge pod and its all you need to know

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mk, well they do make a Carbon for it but damnnnnn the probe is as expensive as the gauge is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts