Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to install some gauges into my ZX3 with the 2.0 Zetec. Right now the car is pretty stock, but soon I am going to add bolt ons like a 2 inch exhaust, svt header, svt intake, maybe a bigger throttle body. The car will however stay NA.

I am going to add a oil pressure and oil temperature gauge. I am going to get auto meter ultra light 2 1/16th half sweep electrics. My question is will the gauges that go to 100 psi and temp 140-250 be high enough reading. I would assume they would be fine for the stock or slightly modified engine but I want to check first.

Thanks!
Ausitn

·
Registered
73 Posts
idk bout the oil temp gauge, but I have an autometer oil pressure gauge and it never goes past 100 psi.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would think if they ever needed to go that high you would have other problems [chairfall] but yes I do believe they should have plenty of range, hopefully someone can chime in and confirm

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
totally unnecessary, save your money and invest it in something else.
No modification to any daily driver vehicle is necessary. But we do it because we want to. Thats something I think we all share. I want them, will pull my interior together, and they aren't absolutely useless. They can serve some purpose.

Thank you ZX3 Freak and racer fan 120 for the confirmation. Just what I needed to know.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
get the guages if you want them man. its your ride after all. i wish i had some guages, they are very usefull when tuning, IMO.

this is a little off subject but, you said you were going to get the svt header right?
by the way, good choice with the svt header, best N/A header out there IMO. but more to the point, the svt header's collector is 2.5" in diameter. so i would reccomend that you get 2.5" exhaust. BTW ive had ford tech's tellme this themselsves, not trying to tell you what to do just trying to inform. at least get 2.25", but you have so much more potential with 2.5" IMO

ps - sorry to be off subject

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same oil pressure gauge your going to get and yes i have never seen it go past 100 but it usually stays around 75-80 while driving. Although while it is cold you can get it very close to 100 fyi

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
I have pegged my 100psi in this single-digit weather. it was painful to watch. but i had to merge or die....

but yeah 100psi is plenty

if you see oil temps over 250 you have much, much bigger problems.

I would get something other than oil temp. oil temp and oil psi are basically telling you the same information, except the temp wont tell you if your oil pump takes a hike.

·
Registered
180 Posts
how do you instal the mechanicall oil gauges, besides taping into the oil tap next to the coil pack?

·
Registered
32 Posts
^^^I used the stock sensors hole and tee'd from there. Imo it would be way easier to just use the oil tap behind the coil pack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts