Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just my dash or do u folks find that the slow response to re-setting the trip odometer, miles to empty, mpg, etc is a bit slow?
on other cars i've owned u press the reset button and that's it... done
w/ the focus now u have to hold the reset button and it takes a long time...
is this normal? thnx

·
Registered
21 Posts
is it just my dash or do u folks find that the slow response to re-setting the trip odometer, miles to empty, mpg, etc is a bit slow?
on other cars i've owned u press the reset button and that's it... done
w/ the focus now u have to hold the reset button and it takes a long time...
is this normal? thnx
I think it's meant to minimize the chance of resetting accidentally, but yeah, it could stand to be quicker to do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I would have seen this thread a long time ago but I just got gas and had to reset all my numbers first.

Tony

·
Registered
671 Posts
hold down ok on it for like 10 seconds. i agree. it takes too long and it takes too long to do all 3.

10 seconds? wow... no wonder I couldn't figure it out I was holding down OK didn't think it was that long, thanks...

i'm trying to figure out why I'm only getting like 22.8mpg and figured it was because i never reseted the gauges.

·
Registered
781 Posts
go to the screen you want to reset (avg. mpg say) and press and hold OK. it will take a second or two then you will see a segmented bar on the bottom of the display, then that will fill in (i think it's 5 segments). after that it is cleared. so maybe it's 7 or 8 seconds total. in any case. it's a bit long in my opinion, and having to do that for all 3 screens on a trip odometer is slightly annoying.

i generally use trip1 for an actual trip and trip2 to track a tank of gas..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here's how long it takes....

I actually do the MPG reset last so that I dont get ripped off in my 40mpg pursuit by the standing still time it takes to reset the other 2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts