Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I changed my gauge face and when I put the needles back on (yes I marked where they were) they are doing something strange... is there some certain technique to getting them back on in the right spot? I thought you could just pop them on when u got them to the right spot and then they should go up, but apparently not...

When I turn the car on, the needle will go down a tiny bit which I think it usually does, and then up, like usual. However, when I turn it off, it goes down further than it should, so if I keep turning they key on and off, it keeps going further downwards. It's done it on all of them except the speedo, and now the gas one is fine. It's strange.... anyone got any ideas?

Oh yea, I can't go into test mode either it's like it's trying to test the gaugs and they don't work, I don't even ever get the "gage" part in the LCD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
did you look into the "how to's" to help you out????i remember seeing some sticky's on cluster's.....sorry man that's all i got for now since you already tried the test mode which i think that is what you have to do though......disconnect battery?

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's the actual gauges that are doing weird things, I think it won't go into test mode because one or more of the gauges aren't on right, that's what I need to nkow, is there a certain way to get them back on?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ You do infact have to get it back.

Turn off the car.

Hold the trip button that long black thing while starting the car till the little screen shows your info. After it has click it to move it through the different things. Find RPM will be under 1000 proly. And set the needle. Then find a stretch of road if you have cruise control. Then thats better. Get it going find a set speed move the needle to it and then enjoy.

I had to when i painted my needles black on my stocker gauge face.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it won't work, like I'm pushing the button and it will say "test" but then it won't continue on to the "gage" setting when the gauges trip, and then let you go on. It's weird... it's like the gauges aren't set up right or something, I'm not sure.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, no. lol. they will charge me who knows how much and tell me "oh, it's because you replaced your gauge face"

I'll take a vid of it tomorrow, I'm sure SOMEONE has had to have had this problem and fixed it...sucks because everythign is lined up right, and I have no way of knowing whether or not the speed is accurate

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kept sticking and doing weird stuff? what kidn of weird stuff? I think I figured out that the reason it kept dropping everytime I turned the key on was because I moved it around, which you aren't supposed to do apparently ha oops, and when I did it enough times it would stop, and that was the zero level, so I would get it there, and then lift it off and put it back on in the right spot. I'm sure I will have to calibrate it some more, and hopefully I can figure out why the LCD tester won't work... it worked fine a few minutes before which is weird. I'll have pics of the new gauges soon... they are pretty darn cool, very unique, and they aren't speed huts

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
When I did my gauge face, I removed my needles and they went back on easily. Maybe you pressed the needles down too far down so they're sticking or something.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ Yeah i pushed mine too far before. Basically had to re put them on gently.

Weird things like stikcing, jumping to random speeds and dropping at weird intervals

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah that's kinda what mine did and I noticed I had them on too far, so I took them back off and I am pretty sure they are alright now... it's just that the test mode doesn't work, I don't have a clue why... I tried unplugging the cluster and plugging it back in to reset it and it still didn't fix the problem.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wellllll I'm just retarded/ignorant, and I didn't realize that if you keep holding the button after "test" shows up, it will just go out of test mode. So... for anyone else who runs into the same problem, let off the button as soon as you see "test" lol. I feel dumb now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts