Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
not really my first choice but it should work.....check out speedhut.com you can custom make your own gauge faces with what you want on them, change colors etc

·
Registered
406 Posts
that may cause you some problems as the ecu wont read it correctly your needle will be pointin to the wrong number...its controlled by the ecu so a 180 mph gauge face wont really work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that may cause you some problems as the ecu wont read it correctly your needle will be pointin to the wrong number...its controlled by the ecu so a 180 mph gauge face wont really work
Thanks. yeah, they have them in purple and white too, but if it's gonna cause problems..then I guess it's something to stay away from.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
no man hes talkin to me..

but rameans23 i have an xcal. i can calibrate it by adjusting the tires revolutions per mile from 845 to 677..

easiest thing i may do is just a 220mph gauge face.. use a 220kmh face, and change where it says km/h to mph and adjust the tire rpm from 845 to 525

that would be pretty sweet even if the car can only do 170 lol

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
it will work, but check out speedhut for custom gauge face, and you cam make it anyway you want and it will cost you about the same

·
Registered
406 Posts
yea i was meaning to someone that didnt have a flasher to change it it wouldnt work a 180 speedo may be reading that you are goin 100 when you are goin 80 or 90 thats all i meant by it

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
actually i may just do the 220mph.. that would be easier i think for them.. plus if i ever am pushing 350-400+whp, i may be goin faster than 180 at times.. lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
looks good fx4baja..

i cant wait for 180mph gauges.. ill actually be able to see my real top speed finally! haha
Thanks,yea he does a good job and for around $50.00 shiped.If you can program using the xcal (i didn't realize you could do that) than you should contact him on making you some 180mph gauge faces very nice guy to deal with.He will email you the design and you can keep making changes until your happy with the way they look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts