Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i drive a 06 zx3 5 spd... and my car didnt come with a tach.. i can still drive it ok but it would b more appealing to me and alil bit more fun to drive without tryin to geuss exactly how far i can go to redline with out acctually bouncin it off... so im gunna purchase one with a tach but does nebody now the deal with installing it? can i do it myself or do i need to have the dealer do it to get the milage correct... or is the miliage stored in the cars computers? and how would i go about to do the swap(where r the screw bolts torexs? thank-you.. please let me know asap before i purchase it.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
The Mileage is stored within the Cluster itself.. To get the cluster reprogrammed I know a place that will do it for $220 with Core

I just went to the junkyard and tried my luck with a couple of Clusters that the guy there let me power up on my car to check the mileage..

as for the Cluster its a single Levered Plug ( Plug has a black lever on it to hold it securely) the front bezel is held on by 2-3 screws and the cluster is held on by 4 of its own.. after that just carefully unlock the lever and unplug then plug in the replacement thats pretty much it.. as for dealers 99% won't do a mileage adjustment's to prevent fraudulent mileage (Rollbacks/Adjustments) there also worried that if they allow it that they will rollback to get more warranty service :)

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The best way to do it is buy one with a little more mileage than you currently have, then when the mileage gets to be the same, swap the new one in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea loudfocus01 that sounds like the best way to do it.. but if i were to get it from that guy that u kno feral hed have the cluster and it would b programd to the miliage i need for 220... or i need to by the cluster... then ship it out to him he'll reprogram it and ship it back to me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts