Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I've only had my focus for about a year so I'm pretty much a NOOB when it comes to all the technical differences between the different foci. I have a 2003 LX (SPI) and I have NO tach of course I'm sure you already knew that. I HATE Ginormous aftermarket tachs that people feel the need to mount in the dead center of their dashboard with a shift light big enough it can be mistaken for a UFO if you're not paying attention. So a fellow fanatic made the suggestion that since the wiring is the same that I can get a focus gauge cluster that HAS a tach and it will just plug in....the question I have is... Where is the odometer information stored...will MY milage transfer over to a new cluster or will I have to get one with more miles and wait to put it in till my milage matches? Thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello Guardsman! Welcome! I sir, was in your boat exactly, 2004 LX, SPI, no tach. I ended up getting a small tach (because I also hate "Big Ben" dash mount monster tachs. Mine is only 2 and 5/8 inches, in the door actually. However, when I was researching it, and when I had my stock cluster spontaneously fail on me, I learned that the odometer info is stored in the cluster....you will need to either buy one, and have it programmed by Ford for your mileage (and don't drive it until they ship it back, cause dealers can't do it), or you can buy one used, trying to find one as close to but not under your current mileage, and wait it out. Good luck with it, and I hope to see some pics of your car popping up too.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts