Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if it's normal. on a svt or not. when i start up my car, my gauge cluster doesn't respond and the needles don't move. sometimes it takes about 5-10 seconds before they move. i can drive my car and my rpms, or speedometer won't work along with my gas gauge for for only a short time. just started happening but very seldomly? any ideas? thanks

loose wireing?
colder weather? i lived in ohio for 2 years and never had this happen even in below zero temps [dunno]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks man for that info. i hope you get yours fixed as well

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
my buddy's 350z did this for a while and we ended up replacing his battery due to it being bad and low and behold after replacing it everything went back to normal....electrical systems can be crazy sometimes

·
Registered
92 Posts
actually that battery thing sounds resonable.. a weak battery might not be able to power the gauges right away.. once the altinator kicks it up the gauges do too.. seems plausible

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i have the same problem and the battery thing may be plausible since this issue didnt start with me until after i relocated the battery to the hatch... i killed the battery several times within a week and ended up replacing it. havent had a problem in over a month except the gauges recently started acting up. no other negative problems other than my radio stopped working around the same time. whats up with that? the whole face of the radio stays off unless i push the power button and it behaves like the key is out of the ignition. that little 1HR thing pops up and the radio comes on. do you have this problem as well guys?

·
Registered
623 Posts
i have this exact problem and have no clue what it is. everyrhing to the t you explained my car Does. i also have my battery relocated and a brand new battery. i will have my eyes on this thread.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow this is an old thread. And yes, I installed a new battery and that is what fixed my problem. I mentioned this in another thread that the delayed gauges is a good sign of a dying(dead) battery.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ill swap the battery tomorrow. the battery i have in the car is only a few months old. my problem is probably attributed to my relocated battery.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had this with mine when I swapped in my Roush Cluster. I took it out, cleaned the terminals where it plugs into the harness. After that it was fine. Don't have a clue what it was maybe then dust or contaminants on the harness.

Maybe that's all it is with yours [dunno]

·
Registered
1 Posts
just wondering if it's normal. on a svt or not. when i start up my car, my gauge cluster doesn't respond and the needles don't move. sometimes it takes about 5-10 seconds before they move. i can drive my car and my rpms, or speedometer won't work along with my gas gauge for for only a short time. just started happening but very seldomly? any ideas? thanks

loose wireing?
colder weather? i lived in ohio for 2 years and never had this happen even in below zero temps [dunno]
Hi im having this same problem when i turn on the ignition, then the gauges take 10 seconds to move. it use to move immediately when i turn on the ignition.

did you resolve your problem?

2006 ford fiesta.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts