Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody know if is possible swap the gauges cluster with tach in my focus 2000 SE without any problem? My Focus wagon SE not have tach and i think make a upgrade. Thanks

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yes u can swap. Remember the miles stay on the cluster and not the car. If u buy one with 10k on it that's what it will say when u put it on ur car. I had a base 06 no tach and swapped in a saleen cluster w/tach it was plug in play.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Man, thanks a lot for the information. My car have 79,000k mile but the ebay saller says that his cluster has 85k mile, Some form to lower the odometer or to use mine in the new cluster with tach?
Thanks again

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
I believe you can call around to Ford dealers, they can probably change the reading but for a price. Otherwise you can buy one with milage higher than yours and then swap them when you hit the same mileage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Thanks.
I´m work in some upgrade in my Focus wagon. one of them is swap all gauge cluster for Saleen or SVT. But I need to be certainly fit and work in my SE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swap the cluster of my SE wagon no Tach to a SVT one, All work fine, except for a brake light, is ON all time, never turn off and the complete glow illumination not turn on, This cluster have a two wire plug in the top for the glow illumination, but my SE wagon don´t have that plug. How or were I be conect that plug, In the night i only see the pointers but not the numbers. I NEED HELP any one know how make the ollumination tur on????????
S.O.S.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
just make sure you get a gauge cluster with the right plug on the back of it. I believe there are 3 different styles of plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts