Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like the title says i am wondering if there is any difference between the two, i was talking to a buddy of mine that works at a parts store, gave him the gates part number for the kit that i wanted. went in today to pick it up and its a ac delco timing kit that showed up. looked it up again online(gates site and ac delco site) and the part numbers are the same....does anyone know if they are the same company? any experience with the ac delco timing kit? i ordered the kit with the belt, idler and tensioner. i wanted the gates kit, seems from the reviews that its a little higher quality, but if the delco one is the same then ill just pick that one up.....

thanks...

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
AC Delco makes Chevy stuff...

IT'S A TRAP!

Honestly though, it should be a decent part. I don't see how you can screw up a pulley and a belt.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda what i was thinking....i would ask him but he's being a b**ch today and called in sick for work.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI...picked up the timing belt kit today, AC delco on the box, gates parts inside. apparently the same company...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
maybe gates makes the belts for them like they do for ford ect.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about brand, I really think all the problems people have with timing belts walking or coming off are just tension related and that's widely adjustable.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
funny, the original belt i took off had the ford logo and gates printed right on it....

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
funny, the original belt i took off had the ford logo and gates printed right on it....
Cause they already know about catching heat for "Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff".

You got the timing all sorted, right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You got the timing all sorted
got it all done on Friday past. all in start to finish was about 4 hours, and i was taking my time for sure.....not a hard job at all.... FF.com helped out a lot!!!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
^^ Good to hear you got it on. It really isn't that hard if you take your time, like you did.

-Ray-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts