Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read yesterday morning that oil is down to $100 a barrel. Woo!

Then I drive past the gas station and see that 87 is $4.29. The hell?

Can anyone, ANYONE tell me why oil is down to $3.00 a gallon prices but gas goes UP even further?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I think it has something to do with the huricane and them shutting down some pipe line? Idk.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yeah haha the hurricane caused people to freak out. I know in Atlanta everyone was rushing to the gas station to fill up thier car, like a bunch of idiots i might say, since a few of the gas stations cranked the price up to $5.00 for a gallon of regular. But not to worry those gas stations are getting messed up for price gouging now by the stage govenrment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My thoughts on it were that i'm pretty sure Texas produces around 20-25% of the US's oil, being so if Ike destroyed the rigs in Texas, that would leave us more dependent on foreign oil so the prices would go sky high, thats just what i've heard and come up with, please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Where I get gas on property, the price went up 14 cents a gallon since I guess it was Monday that I topped off my tank ... in anticipation of the hike.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm getting gouged up in Michigan. I've talked to someone in California who said their gas is still at $3.65. Hm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts