Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i fill up with gas it always overs flows and gurgles like the vents are plugged or something and in the summer time when its hot out i get a gas cap light ive replaced the gas cap and have reset the code and when its warm out it still throws a check cap than engine light. does anyone know were these vents are i was told by ford that they may be blocked or something. im really trying to fix this issue my self as ford still hasent fixed my seat but ford authorized my dealer to order the parts but have yet to call me.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'm not sure but I'm curious as I have a similar issue I've been ignoring but am getting a bit annoyed with lately.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
when ever i fill up with gas it always overs flows and gurgles like the vents are plugged or something and in the summer time when its hot out i get a gas cap light ive replaced the gas cap and have reset the code and when its warm out it still throws a check cap than engine light. does anyone know were these vents are i was told by ford that they may be blocked or something. im really trying to fix this issue my self as ford still hasent fixed my seat but ford authorized my dealer to order the parts but have yet to call me.
Sounds like something the warranty should cover, Evaporative Emissions trouble. I really can't see that you're past your 3yr/36,000 mile in under 2 years so make them deal with it. Probably a bad tank vent line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts