Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last two weeks, gas prices went down to $1.23 range a couple of times. During these times, I noticed both times that the gas station in front of our house just stopped serving gas. I know some stations run out whenever it gets lower than usual, but I find that hard to believe in this case since I've never seen a line up and it's already closed early in the morning.

I'm curious if there's been cases of gas stations refusing to sell whenever the price is cheap? Is it legal for them to do this?

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
nothing really on topic, but, is that price per liter? or should i move to Canadia?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That is per litre (note the "correct" spelling!).
Only $1.23/L? I just paid $1.03 last night! :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah, we've been getting absolutely hosed in ontario the past couple years. It's kinda ridiculous. People here shock react to -everything-.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i used paid 1.38/L for 91 @ costco. everywhere else wants 1.43/L for 91. wish it was the same price as detroit. so much cheaper

·
Registered
967 Posts
nothing really on topic, but, is that price per liter? or should i move to Canadia?
$1.30 is per litre, times 3.78 liters in a gallon = $4.91 gallon, and that doesnt figure in the exchange rate.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Over the last two weeks, gas prices went down to $1.23 range a couple of times. During these times, I noticed both times that the gas station in front of our house just stopped serving gas. I know some stations run out whenever it gets lower than usual, but I find that hard to believe in this case since I've never seen a line up and it's already closed early in the morning.

I'm curious if there's been cases of gas stations refusing to sell whenever the price is cheap? Is it legal for them to do this?
When I managed a gas station in the past, it didn't matter what price the gas was, you still made the same profit off of each liter you sold. Unless this is an independently owned, private named gas station where they don't report to no one but themselves, I don't see how they would benefit from closing when the prices go down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gas is ridiculous in Ontario! I'm originally from Kingston and there were days when it would jump 10 cents. I moved out to Calgary last year and haven't had to worry about that since. The gas prices here are much cheaper and they don't jump around daily (or depending on which direction the wind is blowing that afternoon) [screwy]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts