Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas peddle has become impossible to push down without peeling out and racing off. I can't even drive it right now and i was hoping someone might be able to give me some clues to what the problem may be. T Y

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've had the same problem with my accelerator pedal getting stuck but mine is because my cruise control cable was causing it. I've had to take mine to the shop 4 times because of the damn cruise control (I blame the Mexico assembly plant). Finally they replaced the cable and so far it's fixed the problems. If you have any warranty left I suggest taking it to the Ford house and getting them to check the cables. Just a thought.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Get yourself some carb cleaner.. A small brush (old toothbrush), a rag, and whatever tools you'll need to disconnect your airbox from your throttle body. Once you've gotten yourself some working room spray down the butterfly valve and try to get as much dirt off the circumference of the valve. If this doesnt work or you have more questions send me a Private Message (PM)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.