Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo there is this problem i've been having since i got xCal2 tunes from wayne. Every now and then (about 1/10 of the time) i will start up my car, and the gas pedal will be completely locked. Not stuck, locked. Then i turn the car off, start it up again and gas pedal is back to normal. I can't figure out any real pattern to it, next time it happens i'll try to think about what i did recently.

I sent an email to hypillauto, and keith (daeron) said it sounded like a mechanical thing. So has anyone else had this happen to them? I have an automatic by the way, and i can still put the car in drive and the car will move just cant give it any more throttle.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Check the cable and see if it is free. Then check where it hooks to the TB.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It doesn't have anything to do with the XCal2, that's for sure!

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 04 duratec pzev did this, and they had to replace the throttle body. I think there might be a tsb out for it. Good Luck

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have an aftermarket throttle body.... and tsb??

·
Registered
409 Posts
Check with FC, I know there were issues with someone's TB's if you have cruise control.

TSB=Technical Service Bulletin. Ford's way of saying "Oops".

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm well FC is out of business, so that wont fly, i do have CC... whenever it stops reaining here, i'll take a look at it and make sure it all looks in place properly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts