Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two monthes back i was at a mud bog, and after a few hours the captain convinced me to take the focus throught a mud pit. I went throught it twice, made it throught the first time, and got stuck the second. The undercarrage got really muddy. I cleaned it, but since then my gas mileage has gone down about 4 to 5 mpg. And its not because of using A/C because i used it the same amount before as after i went throught a mud pit. I know i am going to get flamed, but o well hopefully somone can help me figure out what i did.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
O2 sensors fouled? That might do it. No CEL?

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
why did you drive a focus through a mud pit first off????[???:)]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope it has no CEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
remove your intake and clean it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
focusman6297 why did you drive a focus through a mud pit first off????
Captain morgan told me to do it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i pulled all the wheels off they are mud free. i guess im gonna pull the air intake assembly, since ford did there stupid non servicable air filter.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I must say that was stupid for someone to convince you to drive a focus through the mud pit but hell on the other thand my damn 06 zx4 looks like its a 4x4 its so lifted of the ground it sits even with my dads f350 lol

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
booblinker said:
No i pulled all the wheels off they are mud free. i guess im gonna pull the air intake assembly, since ford did there stupid non servicable air filter.
don't even bother... I doubt you will be able to restore the condition back to it's original state...

Just give it a quick cleaning for storage, and purchase a new cold air intake from Marcy Motorsport... that will improve your gas milage, and add horsepower at the same time.

www.marcymotorsport.com

And don't take it thru the mud any more... focus don't like that, unless they have a suspension over-haul from a rally group like M-Sport...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts