Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is your 2.0 Duratec on gas?? Mine seems horrible. I came to College Station, I wasnt even at San Antonio and had half a tank, filled up, got to College Station, and had a quart!!!! [mecry] my zetec saves more gas than my duratec

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm happy with my 2.0 duratec. I get around 34-37 mpg with mostly freeway driving. i see that your car is an 07 which is new, but i had bad MPG my first year (around 25-28mpg)so i changed out the fuel filter at about 10k miles and that solved my issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 05 Zx4 with an ATX and I also have been experiencing very poor gas mileage. I have only had the car for a month, but each tank of gas has averaged about 25 MPG with probally 80% highway driving. I don't think that helps you, but it might make you feel better. I am looking for help too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
i noticed my mileage start to go down after some time also....just make sure you change your filters regularly and that you have your oil changed on time...trust me it helps a lot

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an 05 Zx4 with an ATX and I also have been experiencing very poor gas mileage. I have only had the car for a month, but each tank of gas has averaged about 25 MPG with probally 80% highway driving. I don't think that helps you, but it might make you feel better. I am looking for help too!
yes im looking for help too on how i can improve the gas mileage.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Check the gap on your spark plugs. The factory gap is .050, try increasing it to .055 or .060. Change your oil every 3000 mile if you use regular oil or every 5000 miles if you use synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts