Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my gas gauge reading E while it has 4 gallons left in the tank. The manual states that the gauge is not accurate, 4 gallon reserve is an over statement of non accuracy. I have been driving my car past E and when I can't stand it any longer I fill the bloody thing.. only to realize I still have 1.5 gallons left. Not that I wish to run dry, I have taken my focus into ford and have yet to hear a good reason for the gauge. The best so far, ford designed the focus with a 4 gallon reserve, it is supposed to be this way! My Nissan Xterra didn't have a 4 gallon reserve. I am curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with the gas gauge. If there is a known fix, I would love to hear about it. Thank you, Stuart

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Could you just pop the needle off and rotate it a few degrees clockwise? There probably is no fix short of dropping your tank.... not worth it imo. Or buying a scanguage.

WTF, is that your sig?

It's a red ST we get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polar: interesting advice.. As for the WTF.. I felt like posting the photo.. not a sig.. just for the F of it..! thanks for taking notice!

pspringe: Yes, it goes right to F, never past.. just exactly on F.

JCE_05-ZX5: Well at least we know some gauges work properly.

Just got back from the ford dealership, had to have headliner replaced. Well, they screwed that fix royally, hopefully have the car back by saturday. The fuel problem fix, I will quote ford directly: "The owner's manual advises the amount of usable fuel in the empty reserve varies and should not be relied upon to increase driving range." Thanks, 4 gallon reserve! Looks like I am going to have to dig deeper, I can't be the only one with this problem.

Thanks for the input.
Stuart

·
Registered
470 Posts
[offtopic]

You know that begs the question...are Foci lemons? I keep hearing of Focus owners complain about always being in the shop--hell I've been in the shop 5 times for warranty work. It's rather irritating that it took them 3 visits to finally replace my cruise control cable...

[/offtopic]

·
Registered
464 Posts
this goes to EVERYBODY WITH FUEL INJECTED CARS! i remeber hearing that going to low on gas is bad for your injectors because they have to work harder to reach the fuel. like below a quarter tank isnt good. just word of mouth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts