Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finally got some in, so I decided to take a few pictures and introduce you them.

[/IMG]

We are very excited about these new turbos, and one GTX3076 is destined to be installed on a customers focus build very soon. So expect to see some pretty interesting dynocharts!

These turbos are being marketed and sold as an upgrade for existing customers. So from Garrett they do not come with an turbine housing. We will sell them with an exhaust housing for those customers wanting to buy a complete unit.

Mid-Frame GTXs Now Avaliable:
GTX3071
GTX3076
GTX3582

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Very nice! I'm looking forward to see the dyno results from these. Any chance of getting the 4088?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garrett has three different turbo 'frames'. Small, Medium and Large. What makes the GTX different from standard 'GT' turbos is the billet compressor wheel. They have had some large frame GTX turbos for some time. Now they just came out with these medium frames, which applies more to Focus owners than their large frame counterparts.

Garrett Sizes:

Small Frame:
GT12
GT15
GT20
GT22

Medium Frame:
GT25
GT28
GT30
GT32
GT35

Large Frame:
GT37
GT40
GT42
GT45
GT47
GT55
GT60
GT35

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very nice! I'm looking forward to see the dyno results from these. Any chance of getting the 4088?
You do realize that a standard 4088 is not rated for any more power than the updated 3582r, and significantly less than the gtx3582r. They do not offer a gtx4088 and for the same money as the standard 4088r you can get the GTX35?

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
You do realize that a standard 4088 is not rated for any more power than the updated 3582r, and significantly less than the gtx3582r. They do not offer a gtx4088 and for the same money as the standard 4088r you can get the GTX35?
I realize that, I'm talking about any chance of them making a GTX4088.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ditto on the 28's. I'm hoping to build my motor this winter, then upgrade from my GT28R, so an X-series version would be perfect!

Please keep us posted if you hear any more about the smaller mid-frame turbos.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I know it will just take time til they come out, but when the GTX28's come out, hit me up. I'll purchase one. I love the idea of keeping the same housing's.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry, but out of all the threads to hijack...this thread is ONLY about Garretts. If you ask Top Speed's opinion about any other turbo, their response is going to be "We only sell Garretts. Buy a Garrett, kthxbai."

Starting your own thread would be completely reasonable so that people who have Precisions would see the thread title and give their feedback [:)]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
sorry, but out of all the threads to hijack...this thread is only about garretts. If you ask top speed's opinion about any other turbo, their response is going to be "we only sell garretts. Buy a garrett, kthxbai."

starting your own thread would be completely reasonable so that people who have precisions would see the thread title and give their feedback [:)]
thanks...............no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts