Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
garage day soon? or just help me?

well some on here might know i've been wanting to swap my stock suspension with the frpp kit from mike... i have the kit.. but my control arms think otherwise. Tried everything. The lca bolt to crossmember comes off easily but the bolt will not! So i need to somehow remove the stock lca's and install new ones. Anyone within reasonable distance care to help me??[?|] or is there a garage day somewhere soon?

I also just noticed i have a broken wheel stud!... guuureat huh! so i need to change that too. Anyone who has done these jobs and would care to help, i'd just about do anything cuz i have an idea on what to do just don't feel as comfortable doing it by myself, and certainly don't want to spent hundreds to have someone else do it.

Anyone?? i'll buy you plenty of beer LOL
Thanks!
mike

·
Registered
743 Posts
that sucks man. have you tried jacking up the lca a little bit and maybe the bolt will come
out easier. What about spraying lube on the bolt. I know that is obvious but you never
know.

i wish i could help man, i just put my suspension in yesterday. It gets frustrating when you
have to do it by yourself.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ tried everything... the lca-crossmember bolts where my last hope... and that didn't do anything. I don't mind doing it myself.. just don't want to cut it myself. Pb blaster only does soo much... i think the bolts and bushings are just seized for good.. that's just the way it is...

surely there is someone around here who wants to help out a fellow ff...[pray]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts