Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have the big gapping gap between the dashboard and their A-pillar? Will post a picture after work, but its big. Thought that is just how its supposed to be, but seeing other people complain about really minor panel alignment issues, have to ask.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine has a small gap on both the left and right sides, but it's at least even. I'd say it's probably 1/16 of an inch. I just assumed it's normal for a Ford.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Must be bad build quality.
Take it back to your dealer.
I have a german built focus and it has no gaps anywhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ive removed the pillars, if the tabs on the pillar do not go into the right place, it will show a gap. Take the pillar off, and realign the the tabs at the bottom

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive removed the pillars, if the tabs on the pillar do not go into the right place, it will show a gap. Take the pillar off, and realign the the tabs at the bottom
It's probably really easy, but could you give more detail on the removal of the pillars? I'd hate to try and break a tab or something. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
pull straight out on the pillar at the top, this will unsnap the clip at the top. Once its away from the headliner, get behind there and pry that top clip that looks like it has a strap on it out of the channel it sits in. Then there is one more clip in the middle of the pillar, just apply pressure to the middle to unsnap the middle clip. Then just move the pillar back and forth until you see the three trip tabs on the bottom. Reposition those tabs so that they fit into the three corresponding tab holes at the bottom of the dash. Reinstall is reverse of removal...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mine has a pretty large gap on the passenger side, and it bothers me quite a bit. No amount of repositioning has helped. I'll try to remove it like firestoned recommended and report back.

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts